Get Mentally Tough: 7 Secrets to Resilience During Difficult Times
- Training after the Mini. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/16/94, Vol. 15 Issue 7, The 500 Mini p7C
Provides suggestions for the non-elite Mini-Marathoners after the 1994 Indianapolis Life 500 Festival Mini-Marathon.
- BODY BUDDY: gym or home, do it right. Fuller, Rod // Advocate;12/27/71, Issue 71, p21
Presents question and answer advisory on physical fitness. Exercise appropriate for the lower abdomen; Importance of taking long walks to stimulate the circulation; Ways of achieving a productive objective in physical fitness.
- Skin vascular response in the hand during sinusoidal exercise in physically trained subjects. Yamazaki, Fumio; Sone, Ryoko // European Journal of Applied Physiology;Sep2003, Vol. 90 Issue 1/2, p159
The effect of physical training on the cutaneous vascular response during transient exercise load is unclear. We determined the phase response and amplitude response of cutaneous vascular conductance (CVC) in the hand during sinusoidal exercise in endurance exercise-trained and untrained...
- Why exercisers need stress relief. Cohen, Sharon; Doheny, Kathleen; Teare, Tracy // Shape;Nov2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on ways of enhancing management of stress by people who exercise regularly.
- Joel Jamieson. // Men's Fitness;Apr2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p111
The article presents fitness tips from world's best mixed martial arts (MMA) trainer Jamieson to reduce stress and feel fresh and healthy.
- Health and Wellness. Bondurant, Lisa // TortSource;Summer2015, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on the theme of health and wellness, including the effects of the False Self Syndrome, lawyers and depression, and managing the stresses of law practice with exercise and fitness.
- MIND GAMES. Manietta, Kristian // Australian Triathlete;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p36
The article offers tips to triathletes on developing mental capacity in preparation for the actual event. Triathletes are encouraged to imbibe a sense of purpose in participating in the sports, which can help at a time when performance is not at a peak. Ken Ravissa, mental coach to baseball...
- Barrier Busters. Kallen, Ben // Men's Fitness;Aug2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p78
Offers several ways to overcome the most common mental obstacles to getting and staying fit. Benefits of working out to a man; Importance of a personal trainer to a person who wants to stay fit; Importance of buying all gym equipment and clothes.
- Flying High. // Self;May2015, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p100
The article gives information of Parkour, a trendy sport involving navigating obstacles that helps you build endurance, agility and flexibility. It develops total-body strength, muscle control, focus and overall mental ability. It helps people connect and is its creative since you see obstacles...