Putting Faith in Video Analytics
- The Vatican's Treasures. Schwinn, Cinnamon D. // Faces;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p22
Features several artistic masterpieces within the Vatican City. Description of Saint Peter's Basilica; Paintings made by Michelangelo on the Sistine Chapel; Availability of the Codex Vaticanus B and the Gutenburg Bible at the Vatican Library.
- ITALY iN 10 DAYS. Ingram, Rob // Australian Gourmet Traveller;May2011, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p174
The article features some of the best-loved attractions in Italy. These include the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum. At Assissi in the province of Perugia, the major attraction is a World Heritage Site, the Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi. Other tourist sites include...
- Michelangelo controversy. // Christian Century;8/9/89-8/16/89, Vol. 106 Issue 23, p715
Discusses the controversy surrounding the restoration of `The Last Judgement,' by Michelangelo. The debate centers on the fact that Michelangelo painted nudes, but Daniel of Volterra painted clothing over them. Question of whether to restore the painting with or without clothes.
- The science of restoration. // Newsweek;3/30/1987, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p70
Explores high technology advances and their application to art restoration. Examines debate over aesthetics of restorations, and especially the criticism of the current work being done on Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes.
- Sistine Chapel gets a facelift. // National Catholic Reporter;4/22/94, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p5
Reports on the unveiling of the restored `Last Judgment' fresco of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel in April 1994. Comment by Pope John Paul II; Reservations of art experts.
- The arts & media. August, Melissa; Emery, Margaret // Time;4/18/1994, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p27
Presents an art note for the week April 3-9, 1994. After 14 years of cleaning and restoration, Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes are on full view to visitors. The project's $11 million cost was paid by a Japanese television network.
- renaissance redux? // U.S. Catholic;Mar2008, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p9
A photograph of Pope Benedict XVI during a mass at the 16th-century Sistine Chapel in Rome, Italy.
- Computers to analyze Michelangelo's work. // Discover;May87, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8
The Vatican has installed a graphics computer to analyze information on Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. The computer is a byproduct of a photogrammetric survey of the Chapel's barrel vault which applies modern cartographic techniques to construction projects.
- Controversy over the Sistine ceiling. Dillenberger, J. // Christian Century;8/26/87 - 9/2/87, Vol. 104 Issue 24, p708
Discusses the ongoing debate taking place in the Vatican over the cleaning of Michelangelo's ceiling murals in the Sistine Chapel. Damages suffered by the paintings; Effects of cleaning compounds on the art.