Putting Faith in Video Analytics
- The Vatican's Treasures. Schwinn, Cinnamon D. // Faces;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p22
Features several artistic masterpieces within the Vatican City. Description of Saint Peter's Basilica; Paintings made by Michelangelo on the Sistine Chapel; Availability of the Codex Vaticanus B and the Gutenburg Bible at the Vatican Library.
- ITALY iN 10 DAYS. Ingram, Rob // Australian Gourmet Traveller;May2011, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p174
The article features some of the best-loved attractions in Italy. These include the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum. At Assissi in the province of Perugia, the major attraction is a World Heritage Site, the Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi. Other tourist sites include...
- Michelangelo controversy. // Christian Century;8/9/89-8/16/89, Vol. 106 Issue 23, p715
Discusses the controversy surrounding the restoration of `The Last Judgement,' by Michelangelo. The debate centers on the fact that Michelangelo painted nudes, but Daniel of Volterra painted clothing over them. Question of whether to restore the painting with or without clothes.
- The science of restoration. // Newsweek;3/30/1987, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p70
Explores high technology advances and their application to art restoration. Examines debate over aesthetics of restorations, and especially the criticism of the current work being done on Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes.
- Sistine Chapel gets a facelift. // National Catholic Reporter;4/22/94, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p5
Reports on the unveiling of the restored `Last Judgment' fresco of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel in April 1994. Comment by Pope John Paul II; Reservations of art experts.
- The arts & media. August, Melissa; Emery, Margaret // Time;4/18/1994, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p27
Presents an art note for the week April 3-9, 1994. After 14 years of cleaning and restoration, Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes are on full view to visitors. The project's $11 million cost was paid by a Japanese television network.
- Computers to analyze Michelangelo's work. // Discover;May87, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8
The Vatican has installed a graphics computer to analyze information on Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. The computer is a byproduct of a photogrammetric survey of the Chapel's barrel vault which applies modern cartographic techniques to construction projects.
- Felix Culpa and Felix Roma: On the Program of the Sixtine Staircase at the Vatican. Mandel, Corinne // Art Bulletin;Mar1993, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p65
Describes the four sections of the staircase vault of the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican. Four narratives of barrel-vaulted central section; Female personifications on barrel-vault; Salone Sistino of the Vatican Library; Prohibition of Adulterers; Church Militant of Sixtus V.
- High art. Boroughs, D.L.; Jones, J. // U.S. News & World Report;4/9/90, Vol. 108 Issue 14, p15
Presents a photo of a portion of the newly restored Michelangelo frescoes on the Sistine ceiling, a ten year project.