Cyber Wars Get Tougher
- Security Service Providers. // Business NH Magazine;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p30
The article lists businesses that offer data security services in New Hampshire, which include BRD Associates LLC in North Hampton, Daystar Computer Services Inc. in Newington, and Resolve Technology LLC in Dover.
- List. // Fort Worth Business Press;5/24/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p14
A list of the top area data security companies in Fort Worth, Texas, ranked by number of local employees, is presented including Four Cornerstone LLC, Enterhost and Tarrant Technology.
- Malware superpowers. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Feb2007, p11
The article presents a list of the top ten countries with the highest percentage share of Web sites containing malware, based on the Sophos Security Threat Report 2007. The U.S. topped the list with 34.2% share, followed by China, Russia, the Netherlands, Ukraine, France, Taiwan, Germany Hong...
- Full-Disclosure Security List Is Reborn. Kerner, Sean Michael // eWeek;3/26/2014, p3
The article reports on the March 25, 2014 resurrection of the Full-Disclosure security mailing list seven days after it was shutdown. Full-Disclosure founder John Cartwright shutdown the open mailing list due to increasing takedown requests from security researchers. Full-Disclosure readers are...
- Tech's Back-to-Work To-Do List. Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;8/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p4
The article offers the author's insights on several back-to-work technology to-do list in any industry sector which addresses spyware and malware problems. The author notes that one should not mix old spreadsheets and reports onto tablets. He states that securing the content is important which...
- NO MAN'S LAND: THE E.U.-U.S. PASSENGER NAME RECORD AGREEMENT AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE EUROPEAN UNION'S PILLAR STRUCTURE. Patton, Christopher // George Washington International Law Review;2008, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p527
The article discusses the legal foundation of the 2007 passenger name record (PNR) Agreement between the European Union and the U.S. It mentions that under 1992 Treaty on the European Union, it has the authority in three pillars including the regulation of commercial and economic affairs,...
- Features. // MicroScope;4/9/2007, p3
A list of emerging security threats and the technology to combat them according to experts from the security industry is presented. It says that aplication security is an emerging technology to watch out for, with resellers being able to take the pain out of patching by pushing application...
- Breach Effects. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;5/20/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 96, p5
The article presents news briefs relating to data breaches. Most charges have been dropped against Hannaford Bros. Co. regarding a data breach that occurred in 2007. The impact that a data breach had on the revenue of the company Angie's List is discussed. The author states that Angie's List has...
- Spotty Handling of Healthcare Records Continues. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the continued incidents of data mishandling despite the implementation of federal regulations, including the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clincial Health (HITECH) Act in the U.S.