Security 500 Update
- RISK-MAKING MANAGEMENT . Adler, Stanley // Business Horizons;Apr80, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p11
Focuses on the management of risk making. Classification of managers according to his response to risk; Qualities of risk-making managers; Need for managers to show willingness to take chances when they are justified.
- Executives Unhappy with Risk Management. Nickson, Stephen // Risk Management (00355593);Jun2002, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the satisfaction of few executives on their company's approach to risk management. Comparison of integrated risk management between European companies and North American firms; Reasons for developing an integrated system of risk management; Factors influencing the integrated system.
- FORTHCOMING PAPERS: SUMMER 2008. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Spring2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, following p310
The article lists several papers for 2008 which includes "Should Executives Be Expensed?" by Joshua Ronen, "Quality versus Quantity: The Case of Forward Looking Disclosure," by Sergio Beretta and Saverio Bossolan, and "Information Conveyed in Hiring Announcements of Senior Executives Overseeing...
- People. // Treasury & Risk Management;Apr2001, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p45
Reports on executive appointments and promotions in the treasury and risk management sectors. Retirement of executive vice president and chief financial officer Robert Woodruff from the Qwest Communications; Additional job title of Scott Schroeder at the Cabot Oil & Gas Corp.; carol A. Sexton,...
- Rockwell International names risk management director. // Business Insurance;11/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p24
Reports on executive promotions in the risk management, safety and employee benefit departments of United States firms as of November 15, 1999. Promotion of Terry McNeil to vice president and director of insurance services at ABM Industries Inc.; Promotion of Jorie Munns to associate risk...
- In the eye of the beholder. Dafel, Ashley; Jackson, Peter // CA Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p36
Provides risk management tips for financial executives. How to deal with dynamic and changing risk; Importance of having multiple perspectives; Importance of considering a scope for risk management.
- The view from the top. Hawver, Bruce // Pensions & Investments;4/3/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p22
Presents United States financial executives' statements on their biggest risk management challenges. Bruce Hawver, head of risk management at the New York State Common Retirement Fund; William Donovan, manager of investment analytics at Partners HealthCare System Inc.; William P. Miller II,...
- Insurers Seek Better Op Risk Tools. Kahn, Sharon // Treasury & Risk Management;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the belief of insurance executives that a company-wide approach to risk at their own companies can control expenses and enhance opportunities. Results of a survey conducted by Tillinghast-Towers Perrin. INSET: FEA Patents VaR Technique.
- Compliance: A new component in risk management. Nelson, Kenneth M.; Horton, William R. // Physician Executive;Jan/Feb1999, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p47
Discusses the participation of physician executives in compliance programs of managed care organizations in the United States. Requirements of compliance programs in order to attain dilution of sentence status; Effect of `carrot and stick' approach on management; Responsibility organization...