Mugging for the Camera
- Court Ruling Is Magic For Shazam. // Credit Union Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p17
Reports the court judgment eliminating the ban on automated-teller machine surcharges in Johnston, Iowa.
- Study: Consumers Don't Understand About ATMs. // Credit Union Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p8
Presents survey results related to perceptions of consumers on cash machines in the U.S. Increase in number of debit card users; Reasons for using an automatic teller machine (ATM) cards; Misconceptions on ATM.
- Man Arrested For Stealing ATM. // Credit Union Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p16
Reports on the conviction of James Yokum for stealing an automated teller machine at United Consumes CU in Kansas City, Kansas.
- ATM dispenses cash and rock 'n roll. // Bank Marketing;Nov95, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p7
Reports on KeyCorp's Rock 'N Dough automated teller machine (ATM) designed as a jukebox. Features of the machine's launching during the opening of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio; Features of the machine; Contact information.
- Pilot testing of ATM iris scan. Gore, Jennifer Porter // Bank Marketing;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p57
Features the Iris Identification system, created by biometric technology firm Sensar. Functions and features; Pilot testing of the Sensar-secure automated teller machine; Contact information.
- Maintaining popularity... // Bank Marketing;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p58
Reports that Friday is the most popular day for automated teller use.
- Where have all the tellers gone? Harding, John T. // Business News New Jersey;10/06/97, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p14
Editorial. Examines the use of the automatic teller machine (ATM) by persons in New Jersey opposed to standing in queues in banks. Information on the convenience of the 24 hour automatic teller; Examination of the rise in employment in New Jersey; Discussion of results obtained from a study by...
- Bank ATM's take deposits, spit out cash, demand fees. Kaslow, Amy // Christian Science Monitor;6/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 136, p8
Reports the use of automated teller machine (ATM) in American banks. Increase in fees; Resentment of the customers; Luring of the customers by various banks; Less queues; Efficient.
- Consumers seek ways to beat ATM fees. Gerrie, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press;08/10/98, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p7
Focuses on the strategies recommended for consumers in the United States to avoid additional charges for using automated teller machines (ATM). Use of ATMs owned by banks; Planning withdrawal frequency; Usage of debit cards to avoid additional ATM fees.