GOP Aide Joins Lobbying Group
- Clinton transportation budget panned by road builders. Garvey, Charlotte S. // C&D Debris Recycling;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p7
Reports on President Bill Clinton's 1998 fiscal budget that will not do much to encourage the use of road construction materials according to the American Road and Transportation Builders Association. Spending on highways under the budget proposal; Concern of the association over the layoff of...
- ARTBA honors safe construction. // Roads & Bridges;Nov2011, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the move of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) to recognize several construction companies for their outstanding worker-safety programs in the U.S. including Bruce & Merrilees Electric Co., Blythe Construction Inc., and Granite Construction Co.
- ARTBA Accepts Design-build. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/18/99, Vol. 243 Issue 16, p19
Focuses on the design-build policy issued by the American Road and Transportation Builders Association during their conference in Roanoke, Virginia in October 1999. Components of the policy; Criticisms against the contract won by Virginia Maintenance Services Inc.
- ROAD SPENDING TIED TO ECONOMY. // Rock Products;Oct2010, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p12
The article discusses the American Road and Transportation Builders Association report which predicted that the money investment in transportation construction industry in 2010 will generate over 380 billion U.S. dollars in economic activity.
- Air pollution. Malloy, Cy // Concrete Products;Aug97, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p43
Focuses on American Road & Transportation Builders Association's study on the effect of air pollution on the construction industry. Important findings of the survey; Main objective of the study.
- ASPHALT & ROAD BUILDING. Drake, Bob // Pit & Quarry;Aug2001, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p63
Presents updates on construction industry in the United States as of August 2001. Partnership of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association and the National Safety Council; Agreement signed by Granite Construction Inc.
- Industry will work with Dems to reauthorize transportation funding. Hernan, Pat // Pit & Quarry;Dec2006, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p79
The article discusses the economic trends in the U.S. federal government for the funding in the construction industry in the country. An analysis from the American Road and Transportation Builders Association notes that Democrats are in control in the Congress and that voters approved 23 ballot...
- ARTBA: Construction work force shrinks in May. // Roads & Bridges;Aug2008, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p16
The article reports a decrease in the total number of highway and bridge construction workers in the U.S. by 2.4 percent in May 2008, according to a report from the American Road & Transporation Builders Association (ARTBA). An analysis by ARTBA indicates that 357,400 workers were employed in...
- Spanning the News. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Sep2000, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p20
Presents news from the United States roadbuilding industry as of September 2000. Industry comment on proposal to regulate construction activities in wetlands; American Road and Transportation Builders Association's motion to join a lawsuit challenging proposed rules to ban the use of heavy...