After Downgrades, Tennessee Sales Taxes Still Come Up Short
- Affirmed by Raters, Tennessee Stays in Double-A Territory. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p34
Reports the retention of the double A-category bond rating of the state government in Tennessee. Approval of general obligation bond authorizations; Increase of the sale tax; Generation of revenue.
- 10Â¢ IVA on the horizon. // Caribbean Business;2/6/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the possible tax increase of the sales and use tax as well as the value added tax as anticipated by business leaders in Puerto Rico following the downgraded credit rating of the island in February 2014.
- ask the adviser. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Apr2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p18
Answers are provided to several questions related to personal finance, including why banks check consumers' credit history when opening checking accounts, whether customers are entitled to receive sales tax on returned goods, and whether to invest in gold.
- S&P Stings Chicago Sales Tax Credit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34415, p11
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois lost the triple-A rating on its sales tax-backed debt because of its strained budget and pension sectors on November 20, 2015. Topics cited include Standard & Poor's dropping of Chicago's rating to AA from AAA and warning of further action with a...
- LOUISIANA: Big Bump for Plaquemines. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p9
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. raised its rating on Plaquemines Parish's sales tax revenue debt to BBB-plus from BBB-minus in Plaquemine, Louisiana. The upgrade was due to the availability of updated information that reflects the steady recovery of sales tax revenue collections...
- Greggs dumps Â£30m savoury plant plan. ROBINSON, NICHOLAS // Meat Trades Journal;8/16/2013, p14
The article offers news briefs related to the food industry in Great Britain as of August 16, 2013. Greggs the Baker will not build its second savory factory in East Midlands but will focus on increasing like-for-lie (LFL) sales and food-to-go. The credit rating of Findus Pledgeco received an...
- Fitch Downgrades Florida's Hernando School District. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32283, p3
The article reports that the credit rating of the Hernando County, Florida's school district has been lowered by Fitch Ratings Inc. The ratings agency downgraded the school district due to a fall in its credit characteristics and for noncompliance with legal requirements that has prevented the...
- N.Y. County Sales Tax Increases a Credit Positive: Moody's. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;2/02/2015, p34
The article reports that credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service has made positive outlook for the counties in New York on February 2, 2015 as a result of the increase in sales tax (ST) collections for the second half of 2014. Topics covered include the decline in ST cuts of Nassau...
- Jacksonville, Fla., Candidate Calls for Audit Amid Pension Woes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/17/2015, Vol. 1, p1
A long-running debate over how to cure Jacksonville's $1.62 billion police and fire pension liability has sparked a call for an audit and state investigation into the finances of Florida's largest city.