MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2000
- Munis Gain a Bit With Treasuries On Weak Economic Growth Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of February 2004. Decline of demand from retail and institutional accounts; Improvement in the treasury market; Escalation of the consumer sentiment index. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, February 2.
- Consumer Confidence Drops Again in April. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32868, p2
The article reports on the decreased rate of the consumer confidence index in the U.S. in April 2008. The index dropped to 62.3 from an upwardly revised 65.9 rate in March and the present situation index fell to 80.7 while the expectations index rose to 50.1. The sharp decline in the present...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p2
Presents news items related to developments in the U.S. bond market as of May 28, 2003. Settlement between Nyack Hospital in Nyack, New York for a class action lawsuit filed on behalf of buyers of the hospital's revenue bonds; Rise in consumer confidence index during May 2003; Growth in sales...
- News In Brief. Siegel, Gary E.; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p2
Presents news briefs related to developments in bond market in the U.S. as of October 31, 2001. Decrease in the consumer confidence index in New York; Decision of Washington treasury to buy securities in the fourth quarter of 2001; Stability in public finance rates in New York.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33584, p2
The article offers news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. including an increase in the University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index, the rating of Warren Country, Kentucky which raised from BBB-plus to A-minus, and the Sarasota County, Florida's BBB-plus rating.
- Munis Weaker After Higher Payroll Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p2
The article examines the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of December 2006. The municipal bonds slowed due to higher nonfarm payrolls in November. On the other hand, tax-exempt bonds are weaker by two or three basis points. The performance of bonds are also affected by the revised...
- Munis Firmer in Issuance-Free Session. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32575, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for February 2007. On February 23, 2007, the municipal market was firmer by about two basis point in a largely data-and issuance-free session. According to one trader, there's a lot going on, and he thinks it is going to...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32589, p2
The article offers news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reveals that the U.S. consumer price index increased 0.4% in February while the core showed a tame 0.2% rise. Federal Reserve Board unveils that industrial production in the nation increased 1.0% in...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, June 27. // Bond Buyer;06/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30922, p2
Summarizes highlights of the United States bond market on June 27, 2000, as well as related economic indicators. Consumer confidence index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply; Standard & Poor's Blue List.