20 N.Y. Counties May Issue Bonds
- Muni-backed CDOs On deck for Q3. // Asset Securitization Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the expected recovery of municipal bond-backed collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the United States in the third quarter of 2001. Predictions by Standard & Poor's on CDO; Tax issues related to CDO structuring.
- Bond Volume Takes Major Hit in May. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that the monthly volume for municipal bond issuance in the U.S. tumbled about $5.8 billion year-over-year in May 2003, one of the largest drops since an $8 billion plunge in January 2000. This drop breaks a four-month trend of year-over-year increases in bond issuance...
- Muni Prices Firm as Issuers Come Foward With $3.2B in New Deals. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p2
Focuses on the security of municipal bonds in New York. Status of consumer price index; Institutional pricing of New York Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed revenue bonds; Firmness of issue pricing.
- Puerto Rico prices $228 million tax-lien securitization deal, the largest ever. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p3
Discloses that Puerto Rico has completed its largest ever municipal tax-lien securitization. PaineWebber Inc.'s lead underwriting of the deal backed by delinquent property taxes; Provisions under the deal; Sale of the bonds in two series and to investors in the United States; Moody's Investors...
- N.Y.S. counties gauge risk of issuing tobacco bonds. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p26
Discusses the views of the participants in the New York State municipal bond markets that communities wanting to borrow against their share of the tobacco settlement will opt for asset-backed deals. Issuers' concern about the possible effect of settlement securitization on their own credit...
- Sacramento County Puts Tobacco Plan on Table. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30875, p3
Reports on a proposal to securitize Sacramento, California's tobacco settlement money. Plans for the issuance of capital appreciation bonds by the end of 2000; Use of the proceeds to finance health and anti-smoking programs; County spending on health programs.
- Market share? Who cares? Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;01/18/99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p3
Reports on Ambac Financial Group Inc.'s shift from offering municipal bonds to international bonds and asset-backed securities, in an attempt to address declining premiums. Disconnect between Ambac's stock price and its municipal market share as a reflection of the company's decreasing reliance...
- Soapbox: Fixing China's yield curve. Schulte, Paul // FinanceAsia;Sep2014, p1
The article reports that municipal bonds, asset-management companies and securitisation are key to the future of China's economy. Topics discussed include the bonds, asset management companies and securitization intended to convert short-term loans into long-term securities which are tradable...
- Cracking Mexican wrap culture. Ossa, Felipe // Asset Securitization Report;2/12/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p15
The author offers his insights regarding investment options preferred by Mexican investors. According to the author, Mexican investors would like to put their wealth in government securities rather than in any domestic triple-A corporate or asset-backed securities. The author believes that...