Chicago Housing Agency Vetting Bankers for Pioneering Debt Plan
- Cracks in CHA's model home. Wangensteen, Betsy // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/96, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the decline in the target income mix of Lake Parc Place, the Chicago Housing Authority's (CHA) public housing project in Illinois. Comments from CHA executive director Joseph Shuldiner; Litigation over the redevelopment of neighboring Lakefront Properties; Use of Lake Parc Place as a...
- Renewing Urban Renewal. Hornstein, Jane Blumenfeld // Planning;Sep2000, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the public housing projects of the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA). Budget allocated for the projects; What are included in the project; Lessons learned by the CHA from planning public housing projects.
- CHA looks to leverage housing grants. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p1A
Reports that the Chicago Housing Authority has designed an overhaul of public housing relying on bond issues.
- CHA Plan more than half complete. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;1/12/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 49, p2
The article reports that the Plan for Transformation of the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) is 74% complete, aiming to restore or replace 25,000 units of public housing in Illinois.
- CHA Plan more than half complete. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;1/12/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the 74% completion of the Plan for Transformation of Chicago Housing Authority (CHA), which aims to fully restore or replace 25,000 units of public housing in Illinois.
- CHA gets go-ahead from HUD to proceed with $1.5B overhaul. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30824, p1
Reports that the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development has approved the Illinois-based Chicago Housing Authority's plan to issue bonds. Proposed debt program as part of the housing authority's efforts to reorganize the city's public housing sector.
- The fall of a star reformer. McCormick, John // Newsweek;6/12/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 24, p31
Focuses on Vincent Lane, since 1988 the visionary chief of the United States' worst public-housing system, the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA). Why Housing and Urban Development Secretary Henry Cisneros and Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley engineered a takeover of the CHA; Lane's comments.
- Chicago housing's big idea. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/27/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30756, p1
Reports that Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) has developed an overhaul plan for the public housing sector in Chicago, Illinois. Use of funds from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development as leverage; Reduction of number of units; Goals of the CHA overhaul plan; Officials of...
- Officials from Fannie, Lenders Celebrate the Opening of Chicago Housing. // National Mortgage News;6/7/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p23
Reports on the inauguration of a Chicago, Illinois Housing Authority project. Mixed-income housing at Lake Park Crescent, a lakefront property development; Funding for the project being developed by Draper and Kramer; Officials from the Federal National Mortgage Association and mortgage banks...