The Crusader States in the Levant
- Briefly Noted. // Perspectives;Mar2003, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p21
Presents news items related to historical societies in the U.S. for the month of March 2003. Filing of an amicus brief by a group of ten historians on behalf of John Lawrence and Tyron Gardner who were charged under a Texas sodomy law; Supreme Court ruling in the 'Eldred v. Ashcroft' copyright...
- The 117th Annual Meeting. // Perspectives;Mar2003, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p43
Reports on the 117th annual meeting of the American Historical Association in January 2003 in Chicago, Illinois. Issues discussed at the plenary session, general meeting, business meeting and at breakfast meetings.
- The Society of Automotive Historians. // Perspectives;Apr2004, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p32
Features the Society of Automotive Historians, a group dedicated to the preservation of automotive history. Membership; Periodicals devoted to automotive history published by the society; Award programs for excellence in automotive history.
- The Annual Meeting: The Policy Issues. Jones, Arnita A.; Tune, Sharon K. // Perspectives;Sep2005, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p7
Discusses policy issues expected to arise at the 120th annual meeting of the American Historical Society (AHA) on January 2006, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Items in the Annual Meeting Program; Interest generated by the meeting; Changes in the size and scope of the meeting program that has...
- American HISTORIANS re-live the pageant of Champlain history, on the last of the great white fleet of sidewheelers-- the TICONDEROGA. // American Heritage;Winter1950, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p54
The article highlights the annual convention of the American Association for State and Local History held in Burlington, Vermont on September 12-14, 1949. The event was hosted by the Vermont Historical Society. As part of the event, historians visited the Shelburne Museum and the Sheldon Museum....
- Digging up history. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;09/22/97, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p25
Profiles Pauline Finniack, a historian from Alberta who is the president of the Victoria Home Guard Society, which is dedicated to preserving the historical heritage of the Victoria Trail. Long-lost graveyards that the society has located and reclaimed; Comments from Finniack about how she...
- British Association for Local History. Cavendish, Richard // History Today;Sep91, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p62
Profiles the British Association for Local History (BALH). Christopher Charlton, chairman of the BALH; Founding of the organization in 1982; What the BALH offers; Focus on amateur historians; Publishing a small but growing range of books; Membership; Work with schools; Plans for the future; Details.
- Why Stalin? A National Debate. Laqueur, Walter // Society;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p26
This article focuses on a national debate in the Soviet Union on the causes, origins and essence of Stalinism among sociologists, psychologists, historians and the public. Although certain aspects of Stalinism can be understood only with reference to the personality of the leader, it is even...
- The current and future position of labour history. Chase, Malcolm // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter95, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p46
Comments on a debate opened by former periodical editor David Howell on the crisis in labor history. Need of labor historians to secure a presence within the mainstream of historical scholarship; Description of the debate about industrialization; Recognition that the classic processes of...