- Aluminum trailer maintenance for the road ahead Gatti, Carl // World Wastes;Aug1992, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p61
No abstract available.
- The art of construction. Rastorfer, D. // Architectural Record;Jan1988, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p102
Examines the architectural detailing of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, California, as designed by architect Arata Isozaki. Design & plans.
- Pratt contest yields streamlined ceiling fans. // Architectural Record;Feb1992, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p25
Shows ceiling fan designs created by Pratt Institute seniors for a contest sponsored by Emerson Electric's Builder Products Division. The designs incorporate lighting.
- The good object. // Architectural Record;Feb1992, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p26
Offers a look at new designs in chairs, tables, cookware and accessories from Centro Studi Alessi and Jazz. Discusses the design groups and how and why the pieces were made.
- Design is what designers do--in Scandinavia. Hoffa, H. // Design for Arts in Education;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p33
Profiles countries where design is a synonym for quality, a source of national pride and an important marketing tool. Tradition and innovation; Excellent education; Underlying values; Steps toward change.
- Designers urged to sign up to EU registration law. Booth, Hannah // Design Week;3/20/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p7
Reports that European designers are being urged to take advantage of a Europe-wide design registration law that comes into force on April 1, 2003. Provisions of the Community Design Law; Protection provided for designers.
- We can unite from the outside to the core. Proctor, Roger // Design Week;1/27/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p38
In this article the author discusses the importance of co-ordination and strong support in helping the design industry survive from the challenging economic times in Great Britain.
- DMI expands events schedule. // Hotel & Motel Management;4/1/96, Vol. 211 Issue 6, p45
Reports on the Design Management Institute's expanded schedule for 1996.
- How to succeed as a retailer Quinney, John // In Business;Jul/Aug1994, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p21
No abstract available.
- New Jersey. // Point of Beginning;Sep96, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p12
Reports that the New Jersey Coalition of Design Professionals agrees that regulatory reform of land use is needed. Opposition to a New Jersey Builders Association proposal in favor of land developers; Criticism of effort made by development industry to bypass local authority; Elimination of...