Like mother, like daughter?
- Untitled. Roth, Andrew // New Statesman & Society;2/4/94, Vol. 7 Issue 288, p33
Reports on the possibility of European Parliament member Edwina Currie's retirement from political affairs. Loss of support from former Derbyshire South constituents over whether the Associated British Ports Bill should be allowed to expand coal imports; Alienation of Thatcherite activists;...
- Mrs Currie's enthusiasms. Warden, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/3/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6661, p1429
Focuses on the speech of Queen Edwina Currie regarding the health policy in Great Britain. Commitment on strengthening the National Health Service; Impact of the speech; Comments from health organizations.
- The effect of Curryed eggs. Deeproot, Grace // Marketing Week;10/3/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p30
Comments on the statement made by celebrity Edwina Currie about salmonella and battery-farmed eggs. Reference to the love affair of Currie with public officer John Major; Percentage of free-range eggs sold in the country; Queries on the future of safe foods.
- In defence of Edwina Currie, the woman who dared. Odone, Cristina // New Statesman;10/7/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4608, p18
Focuses on British politician Edwina Currie and her revelations of an adulterous affair with former British Prime Minister John Major. Currie's characteristics as a politician; Currie's accomplishments as a politician; Reason for her loneliness at Westminster; Currie's Web site.
- Former health minister backs British eggs. // Poultry World;Dec2013, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p4
The article focuses on former British health minister Edwina Currie who has helped launch the latest version of the British Lion code at a photocall in London, England, almost 25 years to the day after her December 3, 1988 remarks about salmonella infection caused a collapse in the egg industry.
- AHA! NOT SO GRAY. Orecklin, Michele // Time;10/14/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 16, p99
Discusses the reactions of British citizens to the discovery that John Major had an extramarital affair with Edwina Currie during his time spent as the British Prime Minister. His reputation as a bland bureaucrat.
- event: Former MP is provocative choice for HR Directors Club. // Personnel Today;9/20/2005, p15
This article reports that Edwina Currie, writer, broadcaster and former politician, is the guest speaker at the forthcoming HR Directors Club event to be held at Warwick Castle in the West Midlands, England on October 12. Joining Currie will be Lindsay Bogaard, former British Broadcasting Corp....
- Currie lends support to Lion eggs. Allison, Richard // Poultry World;Nov2004, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the support given by Edwina Currie, former junior minister of the British Department of Health, to British Lion eggs at the start of British Egg Week in October 2004. Impact of the support given by Currie on the poultry industry in Great Britain; Reason behind her support; Actions...
- Currie: 'no regrets' over salmonella scare comments. // Grocer;4/27/2013, p5
The article reports on the claim by Edwina Currie that she does not regret making her comments about salmonella in Great Britain nearly 25 years ago as of April 2013 despite the sharp drop in egg sales as a result.