SAFE AND SIMPLE: Cleaning kitchen equipment
- Country lore. Jenkins, Angela // Mother Earth News;Jun/Jul97, Issue 162, p10
Provides information on how to clean and season cast iron pans and how to make household cleaning products which are inexpensive and environment friendly. Directions used to properly clean and season cast iron pans; How to make inexpensive and environment friendly household products like glass...
- Don't Be Dull. Kemple, John // Backpacker;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p96
Reveals secrets to maintaining the sharpness of knives at home and while on a hiking trip.
- Ask Heloise. // Good Housekeeping;May2013, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p159
The article presents questions and answers related to housekeeping including the removal of sticky residue on the pan, creation of a cheaper version of dry-erase boards and the best way to get rid of the oven-baked garlic smell in the apartment.
- Copper cookware. // Country Living;Mar1998, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p38
Offers the advantages and disadvantages of copper utensils. Copper's ability to heat up fast and cool down quickly; Determining the chemical reactions that occur between copper and some foods; Importance of frequent polishing.
- Washing pots & pans. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p182
Presents the best and safe way to wash and clean pots and pans. Problems with cleaning pots and pans; Equipment, chemicals and procedures for washing; Important things for efficiency. INSETS: From the NRA: A 5-step process.;Tips for cooks: Head start training cuts scouring time..
- Dishwashers. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p19
Reports on the rate of repairs and defects of several dishwashers bought between 1992 and 1997 as manufactured by Amana, Whirlpool and Hotpoint.
- A Waffle Old Time. Griggs, Bob // Good Old Days;Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p38
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's childhood experience when fixing an iron pancake griddle.
- Stainless steel cookware: the facts. // Housewares;Mar2007, Issue 204, p45
The article presents questions and answers about stainless steel cookware. One person asks why some stainless steel pans cost much more than others. Another questions how to tell the difference between one stainless steel pan and another. A reader asks about the best way to keep stainless steel...
- Caring for Barbecue Grills. Yetman, David // MotorBoating;Oct2005, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p108
The article offers tips on cleaning barbecue grills. It recommends the use of spray-on-oven cleaner for cleaning the stainless steel parts and surfaces. A canvas bag can be used to store the grill to protect it from damage. It is important to protect the area around the gas inlet of the...