FoodCapsule: DESSERT PROFIT-MARGINS SHRINKING?
- Frozen desserts: providing a perfect finish to your dining experience. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p23
Indicates the dessert station as the most challenging department of a restaurant's kitchen. Traditional hierarchy of the kitchen; Use of frozen desserts to augment the restaurant's dessert menu; Frozen desserts equipment.
- AN ONGOING LOVE AFFAIR: FOREVER CHOCOLATE. Lassen Fiss, Mary // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p58
Provides information on the popularity of chocolate desserts in the food service industry in the U.S. Popularity of chocolate treats during holidays; Range of chocolate specialties being offered by Franklin Lakes, New-Jersey-based Cosmo Farinola; Significance of the visual appeal of the dessert...
- At the dessert bar. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p108
Focuses on the dessert bars and cookies offered by food service operators in the United States. Baking style of Tina Polenberg, pastry chef for FLIK's Bear Stearns executive dining room; Recipe for a brownie at Haileyville Public School in Oklahoma; Offerings at Family Recovery Center in...
- Sweet Desire. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p54
Encourages food service operators in the United States to offer high quality desserts to their customers. Advantages of food service operators from satisfying their customers' craving for high-quality desserts; Overview on the efforts of industry players in banking on increased customer desire...
- Sell dessert first and build profits around it. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;05/10/99, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p68
Discusses how United States foodservice operators can build profits by selling desserts at the start of the meal. Status of desserts in the US; Reputation of desserts and their makers; Desserts as easiest to market item; Coordination of dessert selections with the rest of the meal.
- For Special Events & Groups: Signature desserts stand out. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p136
Deals with the signature desserts offered by several food service outlets across the United States. Reason for the growing popularity of signature desserts; Explanations from food service directors; Dessert bars offered by Aladdin Food Management.
- 6-of-10 Use Them to `Seal the Sale': Dessert Toppings. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p128
Focuses on the growing popularity of dessert toppings among foodservice directors in the United States. Comments from several directors; Toppings created by Carol Rutherford of Willapa Harbor Hospital in South Bend, Washington; Selection of toppings available at the Lake Forest facility in...
- FOR HOLIDAYS AND WORK-A-DAY: TAKE-HOME TREATS. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p97
Reports on the state of the take-home dessert business in the United States in 2001. Evidence on the growth of the industry; Popularity of take-home desserts among working people; Increase in the number of food service operators that offer take-home desserts.
- Sweet seasons. Hall, Susan Bard // Hotel & Motel Management;12/16/96, Vol. 211 Issue 21, p28
Features desserts prepared and offered by hotel restaurants for the holiday seasons. Includes chocolate desserts; Buche del noel; Tarts; Truffles; Ice cream; Holiday tea. INSET: Holiday dessert offerings at hotels..