KEEPING PACE WITH: TECHNOLOGY IN BRANDING
- NRA tech poll bolsters think-tank's 2010 forecast. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the involvement of technology in reshaping food services industry in the U.S. Use of the Internet in the business; Prevalence of technology devices in the sector; Impact of the use of technology on the productivity of the industry.
- Operators turn to technology to feed customer-service demands. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p44
Reports on the use of technology to meet customer demands by the food service industry in the U.S. Exploration of the benefits of technology; Impact of using technology on the restaurant business; Difficulty encountered in paging systems.
- Foodservice technology finds a universal appeal. Grimes, Robert // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p32
Opinion. Comments on applications of technology in food service around the world. Food service industry's use of point-of-sales computer systems; Hardware innovations; Software applications making food service easier; Need for low-end, proprietary electronic cash registers.
- Study: Information technology a strategic asset. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p6
Discusses a study which found that many food service operators will turn to information technology to gain an advantage over rivals and to reduce costs. Specific information technology that will become highly important for restaurateurs; Three tiers by which the food chains were segregated in...
- FIRE THE WIRE. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;1/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the applications of wireless technology for the foodservice industry in the U.S. Advantages of wireless technology in table-service restaurants; Recommendation of a wireless solution for the loss of connectivity between the hand-held and base; Increase of the efficiency of delivery...
- New tech makes dollars by appealing to senses. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;5/19/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p130
Suggests the application of technology as a marketing tool for food service establishments. Use of point of sale enhancement system and talking gadgets to attract customer attention; Promotion of side dishes through dynamic menu boards with choreographed displays; Electronic emission of blends...
- Technology wonderland. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/27/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p65
Highlights the International Foodservice Technology Exposition in Long Beach, California. List of products exhibited at the event; Success of the exhibit; Total number of exhibitors at the event. INSET: It's always back-to-school time for FS/TEC award winners.
- Even the best gadgets have limits. Grimes, Rob // Nation's Restaurant News;04/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p54
Comments on limitations in the applications of technological advances in the foodservice industry of the United States. Factors that limit the impact of technology on foodservice operations; Barriers to full computer connectivity in restaurant and foodservice operations in the U.S.
- FS/TEC '97. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/14/97, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p47
Announces the FS/TEC '97, `Nation's Restaurant News' Second Annual International Foodservice Technology Exposition on November 2-5, 1997.
- Technology needs, improved relations with vendors part of panel patter. DeLuca, Mike // Nation's Restaurant News;11/27/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p48
Focuses on the technological innovations implemented by panelists speaking at the 2000 Foodservice Technology Exposition to help improve their relations with vendors. Panelists of the 'Technology to Watch' session; Electronic kitchen display systems tracking order status; Replacement of paper...