FOR THE SAKE OF SAFETY AND APPEARANCE: SHIP-SHAPE SHELVING
- A New Machine Age. Sackin, Barry // Food Management;Nov2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p20
The article focuses on the vending program which serves as an extension for foodservices at Denver Public Schools (DPS) in the U.S. Being profitably managed by the foodservice department, all of the products vended in the campus conform with the minimum nutritional standards while the vended...
- ROLE-PLAYS VS. NATURAL DATA: ASKING FOR A DRINK AT A CAFETERIA IN PENINSULAR SPANISH. Bataller, Rebeca // Ãkala: Revista de Lenguaje y Cultura;May-Aug2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p111
The purpose of this study is to compare the data collected, via two methods, from two groups of Peninsular Spanish native speakers in a service encounter scenario. The methods chosen are open role-plays and naturally occurring interactions, two frequently used approaches in the field of...
- School re-do puts kids in-line. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the increase in breakfast and lunch participation at the cafeteria in Mount Diablo High School in California, since its renovation in 2005. Purpose of putting up railings at the cafeteria; Disadvantages of the former system; Cafeteria equipment replaced by the school.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p40
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. foodservice industry as of March 2006. Hoshizaki America was recently recognized for product design in the second annual Dealer Design Awards Program sponsored by "The Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News" magazine. Perdue Farms...
- To Build a Kitchen or Not to Build a Kitchen. Bliss, Tara; Fasano, Joyce // Food Management Exclusive Insight;12/17/2014, p1
The article discusses the things to consider when building a kitchen. It highlights the need of designating a planning committee to make designs for kitchen and decisions for foodservice operations. It states the grab-and-go venue or small coffee counter for college or corporate campus. It also...
- Worktables & shelves. Bendall, Dan // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p57
Provides tips to food service managers on selecting worktables and shelves. Worktable construction; Thickness of stainless steel used; Wire shelving; Molded and polymer shelving; Ease of cleaning; Maximizing of available space.
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.