SENIOR RECIPE CORNER
- Index. // Mexican American: American Regional Cooking Library;2004, p68
This section presents an index of subjects related to Mexican American cookery.
- Tex-Mex. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan97, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p94
Presents information on Tex-Mex Restaurant specialties. Distinction of flavors; Connections between Texas style and Mexican; Implementation of more than style; Detailed information provided. INSET: Big on beef..
- Tex-Mex Cooking: A Fusion of Cultures. Jones, Wilbert // Prepared Foods;Sep2002, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p37
Discusses the fusion of Texan and Mexican cuisine. Features of Tex-Mex cooking; Varieties of Tex-Mex chiles; Ingredients of Tex-Mex cooking.
- where tex meets mex. Morthland, John // National Geographic Traveler;May/Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p56
Highlights the Tex-Mex culture in San Antonio, Texas. Description of the Mexican pattern of its Market Square; Range of Mexican foods offered in the region; Atmosphere of its Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery.
- Culinary borders blur while segment sizzles. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;9/12/94, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p1
Makes observations concerning Mexican food offered in Mexican diners and restaurants. Innovations in Mexican culinary styles; Variations of traditional Mexican food; Continuous menu development for restaurants to remain competitive; Nutritional analysis of Mexican foods; Restaurateurs' efforts...
- With age, calorie needs go down but nutrient needs go up. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Dec98, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p4
Outlines the health benefits of nutrients to older American adults. Recommended amounts for adults; Examples of nutrients that older adults should take; Why older adults need nutrients.
- Study of meals programs. // Aging;1989, Issue 359, p30
Presents the conclusions of a newly completed study of the federally funded Elderly Nutrition Program conducted at Tufts University School of Nutrition and sponsored by the Andrus Foundation, American Association of Retired Persons. Recommendations; Report available.
- Validation of a self-administered 3-day estimated dietary record for use in the elderly. Lührmann, P.M.; Herbert, B.M.; Gaster, C.; Neuhäuser-Berthold, M. // European Journal of Nutrition;1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p235
Summary The aim of this study was to assess the validity of a 3-day estimated dietary record, especially developed for the longitudinal study on nutrition and health status in an aging population (aged is greater than of equal to 60 years) in Giessen, Germany. Methods The dietary record...
- Facing 50? Tailor your diet to meet your changing needs. Zupke, Mary Payne // Environmental Nutrition;Dec92, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
Discusses the nutritional needs of people 50 years old and above. Dosage of vitamins and minerals required by older people; Guidelines for healthy eating for elderly.