- Rubber Soul. Currey, Mason // Metropolis: Architecture Design;Jan2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p44
The article reports on the launch by British floor tiles manufacturer Dalsouple of a new line of rubber flooring called DalNaturel, and its exploration of the possibility of "fair-trade rubber" with Malaysia by establishing social and environmental standards for rubber plantations.
- Stretch your imagination. // Cabinet Maker;11/07/97, Issue 5063, p36
Focuses on Dalsouple's sponsorship of a Rubber design competition open to furniture designers or students who use rubber in their work. Features of the competition; Deadline for submission of entries; Prizes; Contact information.
- Killer floors. Mans, Jack // Prepared Foods;Feb94, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p93
Presents anti-microbial floor coatings. Palace Guard Inc.'s Bio-Seal; General Polymers's Macroseptic Floor.
- Laying the groundwork. Johnson, Angela; Staten, Shannon // American School & University;Jun94, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p41
Provides information on factors to consider in selecting the floor covering for a specific area of the school. Function; Aesthetic value; Resilient flooring; Carpeting; Floor finishes; Carpeting standards at the University of Louisville. INSET: Need more info?..
- How to make an eighteenth-century floorcloth. McCarthy, Joann E. // Early American Homes;Apr97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p45
Details how to make an eighteenth-century floorcloth. Uses; Materials; Instructions for making hand-painted floorcloths.
- Slip-resistant treads. // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep95, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p77
Reports on the availability of 3M Safety-Walk treads for improving traction in the work place. Availability in various colors; Size and shape specifications.
- On the mat. Richardson, Julia // Australian House & Garden;Feb95, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p100
Reviews the water resistant Nomad Dirt Trap Mat and informs about its sellers and price.
- Mat night uneventful. NORTON, TIMMY // Eastern Door;11/2/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p7
The article offers information on mad night or mat night in Kahnawake, Quebec, wherein children go around stealing front door mats at night.
- Recycle plastic bags: Crochet door mats. Kenealy, Marlene // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p53
Reports that plastic bread bags can be recycled to make floor mats by crocheting the plastic strips. Ease in cleaning plastic mats by using a garden hose.