TO PLEASE THE PALATE: SASSY SALADS
- Mark LoParco: Spearheading Sustainability. Warmouth, Megan // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p48
The article profiles Mark LoParco, director of the University of Montana Dining. It discusses the growth of the dining department under his leadership, employing 500 personnel and serving more than 5,000 meals per day. It relates his passion in sustainable food, as well as his success in food...
- Montana Farms Go To School. Bailey, Catherine // Yes!;Winter2007, Issue 40, p34
The article reports that the University of Montana, which is a member of the national "Farm to College" movement, is increasing the portion of its cafeteria food that are obtained from local farmers. This program was brought to the university by UM professor Neva Hassanein and several graduate...
- THE BIG IDEA. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p28
The article presents ideas for a successful food business operation in schools in the U.S. A mobile application was developed by Chandler Unified School District in Arizona wherein students can make their food decisions. It mentions the opening of the Roots vegetarian restaurant of the...
- Dining On Demand. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/31/2014, p6
The article reports on how university food service operators are responding to the demand of college students who want food options that are affordable and convenient no matter what time of the day. Topics include the late night hours offered by the University of Pennsylvania to students in its...
- U. of Montana switches to natl. brand concepts. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
Presents information on the switching to national brand concepts by the University of Montana. Detailed information on this switch; Reasons for this switch; Comments from Mark LoParco, director, dining services.
- A small step for Fort Missoula. Sakariassen, Alex // Missoula Independent;6/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p6
The article offers information on the approval of lease of University of Montana-owned land which brought Missoula closer to its long-planned Missoula Regional Park.
- STREET TALK. Walters, Cathrine L. // Missoula Independent;4/1/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p4
The article focuses on the survey regarding the possibility of switching to a four-day workweek by the University of Montana.
- VIEWFINDER. Harder, Chad // Missoula Independent;2/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
A photograph of a snow centipeded in front of Main Hall at the University of Montana campus is presented.
- irish cheer. Fredrickson, Erika // Missoula Independent;11/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p23
The article announces an event with the Irish Christmas in America which features Friends of Irish Studies in the West and University of Montana (UM's) Irish Studies Program on November 30, 2011.