Food for a 'fiest-ive' mood
- Index. // Mexican American: American Regional Cooking Library;2004, p68
This section presents an index of subjects related to Mexican American cookery.
- Tex-Mex. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan97, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p94
Presents information on Tex-Mex Restaurant specialties. Distinction of flavors; Connections between Texas style and Mexican; Implementation of more than style; Detailed information provided. INSET: Big on beef..
- Tex-Mex Cooking: A Fusion of Cultures. Jones, Wilbert // Prepared Foods;Sep2002, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p37
Discusses the fusion of Texan and Mexican cuisine. Features of Tex-Mex cooking; Varieties of Tex-Mex chiles; Ingredients of Tex-Mex cooking.
- where tex meets mex. Morthland, John // National Geographic Traveler;May/Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p56
Highlights the Tex-Mex culture in San Antonio, Texas. Description of the Mexican pattern of its Market Square; Range of Mexican foods offered in the region; Atmosphere of its Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery.
- Culinary borders blur while segment sizzles. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;9/12/94, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p1
Makes observations concerning Mexican food offered in Mexican diners and restaurants. Innovations in Mexican culinary styles; Variations of traditional Mexican food; Continuous menu development for restaurants to remain competitive; Nutritional analysis of Mexican foods; Restaurateurs' efforts...
- Further Reading. // Mexican American: American Regional Cooking Library;2004, p66
This section presents a list of books about Mexican American cookery.
- For More Information. // Mexican American: American Regional Cooking Library;2004, p67
This section presents a list of Web sites about Mexican American cookery.
- TACO CABANA. Teitelbaum, Richard S. // Fortune;2/22/1993, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p91
Describes Taco Cabana, a Tex-Mex restaurant chain based mainly in Texas that features no frozen foods. Fresh ingredients cheaper, according to CEO Richard Cervera; Prices; Expanding menu; Expected 1993 growth.
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. // Sunset;Jan2011 Special Issue, p34
A recipe for Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is presented.