FOR FIVE MAJOR CROPS: Processed vegetable acreage down 2%
- QUICK MEALS FROM CANS. // Ebony;Sep1954, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p84
The article discusses procedures on how to prepare delicious meals from frozen and canned foods.
- Is Frozen Better Than Fresh? Haspel, Tamar // Self;Dec99, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p87
Talks about the nutritional value and taste of canned and frozen food as compared to fresh food. Vegetables that gain flavor when canned; Fruit that maintains taste against the rigors of canning; What is usually added to canned or frozen food.
- KITCHEN NOTEBOOK: ingredients. Lear, Jane Daniels // Gourmet;Apr2000, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p146
Provides information on several frozen and canned exotic products. Availability of flat plastic packets of frozen fruit pulp; Brands recommended for canned mango; Insight on yuca.
- You can count on canned and frozen when fresh can't be had. // Environmental Nutrition;Feb1993, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Gives advice on how to shop for, store and prepare packaged fruits and vegetables so that they retain maximum nutrition and flavor. Avoidance of buying food in bulk bags; Shelf life of frozen vegetables; Temperature for storage; Instructions for cooking.
- MEAT, FROZEN, CANNED FOOD GAIN: Market Basket up 1.84% in 3rd qtr. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p42
Presents information on the prices of various commodities in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2003. Poultry; Seafood; Canned goods; Frozen foods.
- Vegetable processors plan for recovery. // Prepared Foods;Jun94, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the recovery efforts of canned and frozen vegetable packers in the United States for 1994. Contracting for more than one million acres of corn, peas and green beans; Percent of increase in acreage contracted; Factors for the low production in 1993.
- Expanding the Audience. // Prepared Foods;Nov2000, Vol. 169 Issue 11, p108
Provides information on the market expansion of canned food industry in different countries. Reasons consumers prefer frozen ready meals; Projection on the sales growth of ready meals by the year 2004.
- MARKETS AND MENUS. S. H. // New Yorker;7/13/1957, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p51
The article presents information on several canned and frozen foods that are being offered at various retail stores in New York City. The canned sorrel soup is available under the label Vauban in various stores such as Maison Glass. Cold vichyssoise is also being offered in can under the label...
- Man On A Mission. Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;Oct2002, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p8
Cites the differences between frozen foods and other types of foods. Similarities between frozen foods, canned foods and fast foods; Issue over the convenience of frozen foods; Benefits of frozen foods.