CREATIVE CONTROL: FOOD CRAVINGS
- 7 Foods to Lengthen Your Life. Aschwanden, Christie // O, The Oprah Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p128
The article provides information on seven foods that are said to lengthen life. These include chocolate, nuts, fruits and vegetables, fish, dark chocolate, garlic and wine. The proper dosages and the results they deliver as part of a moderate-fat diet are presented. As for dark chocolate, for...
- Dietary Habits and Folate Status in Women of Childbearing Age in Croatia. Pucarin-Cvetković, Jasna; Kaić-Rak, Antoinette; Matanić, Dubravka; Zah, Tajana; Petrović, Zrinka; Car, Antun; Degać, Katica Antonić; Rak, Davor // Collegium Antropologicum;Mar2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p97
Folic acid and folates have an important role in prevention of neural tube defect that appears in the first weeks of pregnancy, when women are still not aware of their pregnancy, especially when pregnancy is not planned. Since ensuring sufficient quantities of folates and folic acid in this...
- New Facts on Fish. Bidwell, Rebecca // Baby Talk;May2001, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p12
Deals with a warning issued by the United States Food and Drug Administration regarding the fish intake of pregnant and nursing women. Types of fish not recommended for pregnant and nursing women; Health risks posed by the fish types; Recommendations.
- ASHLEE'S pregnancy MUNCHIES. // NW;9/8/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p14
The article focuses on singer Ashlee Simpson who will be delivering her first child in October 2008 in the U.S. According to reports, Simpson has playfully labelled her new eating plan indulging in things she had once banned from kitchen. It is stated that all Simpson cares about is being...
- Eating fish for a better pregnancy outcome. Gaby, Alan R. // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;May2003, Issue 238, p30
Reports on the effect of fish consumption on pregnancy outcome. Recommendation of 15 grams of fish per day during pregnancy in order to reduce the incidence of pre-term delivery and low-birth-weight babies; Concerns over the consequence of eating too much fish to the nursing infant; Role of...
- Organic food -- the view of a medical toxico-pathologist. Howard, Vyvyan // British Journal of Midwifery;May2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p272
Discusses the consumption of organic food by pregnant women from the point of view of a medical toxico-pathologist. Vulnerability of fetuses and babies to harm from toxic chemicals in ways that are different to adults; Hormone-disrupting properties of household chemicals; Passing on of a...
- Smart snacking. // Parenting;Apr99, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p60
Lists various snacks for pregnant women. Includes dried apricots and raisins; String cheese; Wheat crackers; Granola bars. INSET: Your personal snack stash..
- junk-food junkie, jr. STROTE, MARY ELLEN // Fit Pregnancy;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p36
The article reports that a study of laboratory animals have found that eating lots of fatty, sugary food during pregnancy may affect a child's preference for junk food later in life.
- Pass Up Those Energy Bars. Swinney, Bridget // Parenting;Mar99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p57
Offers health advice for pregnant women. How to choose snack bars geared for them; Importance of reading the label before buying.