IN HEALTHCARE: More personal emphasis on portable meals
- Best Renovation. // Food Management;Nov98, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p46
Reports on the renovation of Cascades Cafeteria Saint Charles Medical Center in Bend, Oregon. Project team; Environment; Goal; Features; Why they won the best renovation during the 1998 Best Onsite Concept award of the periodical `Food Management.'
- Longmont United stakes Frederick. Porter, Steve // Northern Colorado Business Report;10/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on the move of Longmont United Hospital (LUH) to purchase a 69-acre parcel in Frederick, Colorado. It indicates that the 69-acre parcel will be the location of LUH's future medical facility in south Frederick. It also discusses the demographic information of Frederick...
- Frederick medical campus gets second opinion. Porter, Steve // Northern Colorado Business Report;9/10/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p17
The article offers an overview on the plans of Longmont United Hospital (LUH) and Poudre Valley Health System (PVHS) to build a new medical campus in Frederick, Colorado. It mentions that the announcement of their partnership came after North Colorado Medical Center (NCMC) cancelled its plan to...
- Colorado Pulmonary Rehab Patients Publish Their Own Cookbook. // AARC Times;Sep2009, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p74
The article announces that patients at the Longmont United Hospital in Longmont, Colorado have published the cookbook titled "Recipes of Easy Breathers Chefs." The group aims to raise funds for the pulmonary rehabilitation program. Laura Wesenberg, cardiopulmonary educator, put up a separate...
- Heart surgery programs to merge. Porter, Steve // Northern Colorado Business Report;12/2/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the merger of the Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado and the Longmont United Hospital in Longmont, Colorado for reducing the average cost of open hear surgery.
- Hospital care reduces pollution. Navarra, Janet // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p22
Features the transportation programs introduced by Saint Charles Medical Center in Bend, Oregon aimed at reducing single-car commuters in the area. Features of the programs; Benefits; Awards earned by the center for the programs; Comment by Nancy Patterson, part-time coordinator of the program.
- Radian Insurance Not Enough for Oaklawn. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/23/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32739, p7
The article reports that bond insurance of Radian Asset Assurance Inc. is no longer enough for Michigan-based Oaklawn Hospital. In the face of rising yields on its Radian-backed auction-rate bonds in early August 2007, Oaklawn opted for an extra letter of credit to help bring down the growing...
- Showcase: St. Charles Medical Center. Eisele, Julie // Buildings;Mar1996, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p66
Features the Environmental Protection Agency Energy Star Buildings program volunteer St. Charles Medical Center in Bend, Oregon. Medical center as the most comprehensive Showcase project; Details on the facility equipment upgrades.
- Sister act. Phillips, Rob // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p50
Profiles Catherine Hellmann, president emeritus of the Saint Charles Medical Center in Bend, Oregon. Career history; Education; Beginnings in the medical care sector; Responsibilities as hospital administrator.