IN COLLEGES: Grab-and-go accommodates busy students
- Partners in Sustainability. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p50
The article reports on the partnership of the Center for Organic and Sustainable Agriculture at the Alfred State College in New York with Auxiliary Campus Enterprises and Services, the school's foodservice program, to provide locally grown produce. Matthew Harbur, the center's director and an...
- Alfred State Coll. adds full-svc. brand restaurants. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p56
Reports on the opening of new branded foodservice outlets at the Alfred State College of Technology in Alfred, New York in September 1998. Expansion of the Friendly's ice cream bar into a full-service Friendly's restaurant; Addition of Taco Bell Express, Freshens' Smoothie Authority, Pretzel...
- Campus computing--a big approach by a small college. Neal, Charles V.; Kelsey, Dennis H. // Education;Spring93, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p343
Explains the strategy and details the development of the computer network at the State University of New York College of Technology at Alfred. Depth and breadth of the system including the 290 menu options; Dorm rooms containing Networked microcomputers; Academic and administrative applications...
- FIRST OF 5-PHASE EXPANSION: Middlebury Coll. creates stir. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the success of the dining hall created at Middlebury College's Ross Commons. Seat capacity of the dining hall; Range of food stations at the dining hall; Comments from Peter J. Napolitano, dining services director.
- Hockey arena lifts catering biz. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2
Reports on catering and concession opportunities at the hockey arena of Middlebury College in Vermont.
- Cultivating Creativity. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;7/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p34
This article relates that Ginnie Dunleavy, director of dining at Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) in Providence, used creativity in turning the school's chaotic dining program into one that has increased cash revenue and meal plan participation. Dunleavy reveals that while she was working at...
- Vanderbilt University unveils 2 avenues marketplace. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p20
No abstract available.
- Vanderbilt courts college students with `Two Avenues' dining facility. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p45
Features the food court-type dining facility at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Student expenditures in the multiunit eatery during the first ten days of the semester; Responding to changes in students' taste profiles.
- Generating repeat business. // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the approach of Vanderbilt University's foodservice department in Nashville, Tennessee, to generate repeat business. Promotion of a food outlet; Partnership of the department with a manufacturer.