IN B&I: Fresh choices must mimic daily menus
- No layoffs to result now: Merck-Medco. // Drug Topics;9/15/97, Vol. 141 Issue 18, p7
Reports that Merck-Medco Rx Services in Parsippany, New Jersey announced that they will be no layoffs at its pair of Tampa mailorder pharmacies. Number of employees at the facility; Comments from Kevin Colgan, spokesman for the company.
- Medco agrees to reform controversial pharmaceutical switch practices. // Drug Store News;11/20/95, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p27
Reports that Medco has agreed to changes to its controversial practice of using pharmacist/telemarketers to persuade physicians into switching patients to drugs manufactured by its corporate parent, Merck. Payment of about $1.9 million to at least 17 states in the United States to settle its...
- Mail order pharmacy workers strike Merck-Medco operation. // Drug Store News;7/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, pCP8
Reports that nearly 900 workers at Merck-Medco Managed Care Inc. in Columbus, Ohio went on strike to protest working conditions at the mail order prescription operation.
- Merck-Medco looking at new benefit. // Drug Topics;4/25/94, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p6
Reports on Merck-Medco's move toward managing a complete formulary for major clients on an outcomes basis. Details of the plan.
- Merck-y. // Business News New Jersey;11/1/95, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p4
Reports that the Merck & Co. Inc. was hit with a pair of fines for violation of corporate laws. Payment of $127,000 to the US Treasury as penalty for violating the country's economic embargo of Cuba; Payment of $1,955,000 to 17 states due to the drug distribution practice of Merck's Medco division.
- Merck-Medco gains global contract. // Drug Topics;9/1/97, Vol. 141 Issue 17, p8
Reports in September 1997 that the Defense Personnel Support Center has awarded Merck-Medco Managed Care the first United States military mail-order pharmacy contract. Value of the contract; Description of how the arrangement works.
- `Making sense': New program seeks to boost compliance. Flemming Jr., Harris // Drug Topics;5/18/98, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p68
Offers information on a pharmacy-based disease management program titled `Making Sense: A Multiple Sclerosis Patient Support Program,' launched by Merck-Medco Managed Care. Designs of the program; Comments by Phil Grimson, spokesman for the company; What part of the program involves; What the...
- Country's largest PBM shows how runaway drug costs can be cut. Buckley, Bruce // Drug Topics;6/5/2000, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the report `Managing Pharmacy Benefit Costs--New Insights for a New Century,' by pharmacy benefit manager Merck-Medco. Factors that influenced the growth of drug spending; Cost saving strategies that prescription plan sponsors and employers can take to slow prescription drug benefits.
- Drug misuse targeted. // Ophthalmology Times;5/1/95, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the plan of Merck-Medco Managed Care to reduce health care costs through the safer use of prescription drugs. Scope of the Partners for Health Aging; Percentage of persons 65 or above at risk of adverse drug effect; Announcement made at the national Managed Healthcare Congress.