MEMORIAL HERMANN H/C SYSTEM: Patient satisfaction scores soar in Texas hosp. network
- `To promote quality': Memorial Healthcare brands patient menus. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p8
Reports that Memorial Healthcare System has introduced brand products to its patient menus to promote quality. Offsetting of annual patient menu costs; Statement from ServiceMaster manager Richard Tallinger.
- Houston hospital resets production. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decentralization of Houston, Texas-based Memorial Hermann Healthcare System's food production while reducing its contractor from direct management to a consulting role. Highlights of the merger that resulted in the system; Initiatives launched as part of the movement of the...
- Gaining flexibility. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;04/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p80
Reports that Memorial Hospital System in Houston, Texas is preparing to take advantage of consolidation opportunities. Benefit of the fixed-rate, tax-exempt bonds and variable-rate debt issued by Memorial in February 1997; Comments from John Gay, senior vice president of finance of the system;...
- Memorial is a `hospital without walls' for south Broward County. Luggiero, Gary // AHA News;06/24/96, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p2
Reports on Memorial Healthcare System's Community Benefits program. Issuance of a report on its community-health initiatives; Contributions of a hospital to a community.
- Fla. system's overhaul wringing out savings. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;10/07/96, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p90
Reports that the Memorial Healthcare System saved several dollars via its nationally recognized organizational improvement program. Goal of the program; How long the program will last; Percentage of expenses reduced in fiscal 1996; Statements from Frank Sacco, president and chief executive...
- Exhibiting healthy behavior. Piotrowski, Julie // Modern Healthcare;9/3/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p42
Focuses on the HealthWorks! Kids' Museum established by Memorial Health System in South Bend, Indiana. Goal of the museum; Concept of the museum; Information on the curriculum approach taken by the museum's project team.
- Fla. for-profits sue over clinics. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;11/27/95, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p12
Reports that the Florida League of Hospitals has sued Memorial Healthcare System to block the public system from opening primary-care clinics outside its boundaries in Dade County, Florida. Claim that Memorial doesn't have the authority to spend public dollars outside its taxing district; Claim...
- Houston system plans $420 million growth. // AHA News;04/30/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the plan of the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System to expand its area acute-care hospitals in Houston, Texas. Estimated cost of the expansion.
- Innovative student loan program helps Houston system develop nurses. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;7/22/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the student loan program developed by Memorial Hermann Healthcare System in Houston, Texas for nurses. Objectives of the program; Description of the program; Budget of Memorial Hermann for the program.