WHITSON CREATES SENIOR U
- Offering a helping hand. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p34
Features the Whitsons, a family-owned food service management company based in Huntington Station, New York. Partnership with the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped; Story of Angelo Cavallaro who participated in Whitsons' Business Enterprise Program.
- ONE COLLEGE, SCHOOLS NEXT? WHITSONS EYES NJ ACCOUNTS. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the target market of Whitsons, a food service contractor based in Huntington Station, New York. Marketing approach used by the contractor; Accounts from the school market.
- SENIOR NUTRITION: Whitson launches classes. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p26
Announces the launch of the Senior University program of Whitsons. Estimated number of meals delivered by the company to congregate sites; Information on the program; Mission statement of the company.
- Balancing Act. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p70
The article deals with the desserts being offered by Whitsons Culinary group at the foodservice units of EstÃ©e Lauder, which include low-fat vanilla yogurt, mini cannoli cupcakes and granola.
- Whitsons to take part in training program for visually impaired. Battaglia, Andy // Nation's Restaurant News;08/10/98, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p74
Reports on on-site food service provider Whitsons' participation in the Business Enterprise Program (BEP) instituted by the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped. Mechanics of the BEP; Details about Whitson's first BEP graduate; Benefits of the program for students and other company...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p20
Reports developments related to restaurant industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Selection of the Whitsons Inc. to manage the foodservice account at the University of Baltimore; Launch of the Gustav's Pub and Grill at Portland International Airport by HMSHost company; Introduction of the...
- Japanese guests tour Arden Hill Care Center. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/18/93 - 10/25/93, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p37
Reports on a guided tour conducted by Arden Hill Life Care Center for dignitaries from Japan. Visit to the United States to learn how the private sector health care system serves the elderly and the handicapped; Visitors' impression of the system; Importance of keeping elders at home in Japan.
- In their golden years, they help the elderly. Muha, Laura // Good Housekeeping;May97, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p31
Focuses on Golden Gals, volunteers at Beth Abraham Health Services in New York City caring for elderly residents. Services offered by Golden Gals; How Mary Allison, one of the Gals greet her co-elders in Beth; How she view her work; Future plan for honoring the crew of Gals; How the Golden Gals...
- More seniors can now join EPIC plan. // New York Amsterdam News;02/15/97, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p21
Reports that the New York State Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) program has become open to additional senior citizens, because of legislation which has increased the program's income eligibility levels. Description of the program; When the increase went into effect; Contact...