IN LOWERING CONTRACTING COSTS: STUDY SHOWS GPO VALUE
- Survey Tracks Hospital Software Use. // Food Management;Dec2000, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p11
Reports the highlights of the Cini-Little foodservice consulting organization survey on food and nutrition departments in hospitals. Utilization of software to deliver services; Integration of the direct purchasing system; Absence of interfacing in food preparation.
- HOW HOSPITAL FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p38
Reports purchasing trends in self-operated hospital food service units in the U.S. in 2002. Increase in total food service purchasing; Comparison of purchases among self-operated services and contract operations; Total number of meals served; Statistics on making beds.
- Untitled. Case, Philip // Farmers Weekly;5/31/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 22, p61
The article calls on the British government to adopt mandatory standards on buying hospital food to help improve nutritional values and buy food more sustainably.
- Rush To Better Health. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the implementation of a healthful station concept at the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. The station captures about two to three percent of lunch sales, which has been observed as continually increasing. Mary Gregoire, director of food and nutrition...
- Welsh hospitals settle on exclusive local beef deal. Whitehouse, Cara // Supply Management;1/20/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p10
Reports that hospitals in North Wales will use only locally sourced beef under the deal negotiated by Welsh Health Supplies, the central contracting and materials management service for the National Health Service. Claim that the contract will benefit the local economy and provide patients with...
- Non-Patient Service Drives Hospitals. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p18
This section offers news briefs about trends in the foodservice industry. Results of a hospital census are discussed, including average patient days in 2010, total amount of food purchased and revenue that comes from non-patient meals. A chart is presented that shows the performance of hospital...
- The Food Programme. Williamson, Kate // Supply Management;8/3/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p29
The article features the radio program "The Food Programme," aired at radio 4 station on July 16, 2006 in Great Britain. The program focused on the food program of Royal Cornwall Hospital under the management of Roy Heath. Heath said that there were more than 2,000 meals prepared per day at the...
- Better Hospital Food gets tough on
buying locally and waste reduction. Whitworth, Mick; Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/2/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4352, p62
Provides information on a phase of the Better Hospital Food initiative by the British National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. Goal of the phase; Requirement under the initiative for food service policies of the NHS trusts; Importance of local purchasing in terms of patient care.
- The buying game. Whitworth, Mick // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/2/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4352, p68
Focuses on the effect of the efficiency drive of the British National Health Service (NHS) on modernizing its purchasing on hospital catering in Great Britain. Information on NHS food supply contracts organized by the NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency (PASA); Views of Nigel Watson, purchasing...