A REMEDY FOR TEEN PREGNANCY: Advocates push intl. school lunch
- The Devil made them do it. // ATA News;9/11/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p2
This article offers school news including the opposition by Louisiana parents to proposed use of scanner at Moss Bluff Elementary School cafeteria, the non-use of pronouns han or hon by staff at Egalia Preschool in Stockholm, and reversal of Delhi Charter School's policy on pregnant students.
- ACROSS THE NATION: NATIONAL. // Education Week;10/21/1987, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p2
The article offers news briefs concerning students in the U.S. According to the Food Research and Action Center, only 3.7 million children will receive a school breakfast, under the National School Breakfast Program. The latest series of posters and advertisements from the Children's Defense...
- Teens pregnancies & adoption. // Children Today;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
A group of studies examining the percentage of unmarried mothers placing their babies for adoption reveals a trend: a sharp and steady decrease over the last 20 years in the number of adolescents who place their children for adoption. The reasons why young women become pregnant are related to...
- Teenage mothers. // Children Today;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
Some 80% of teenage mothers do not graduate from high school. This is a statistic that the Adolescent Parenting Program aims to reduce among adolescent mothers in Fairfax County, Va. Article discusses this program.
- Residential program serves pregnant teens and young mothers in Iowa. Saunders, E.J. // Children Today;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
Describes the Adolescent Pregnancy Program of Central Iowa, a residential-based program providing counseling and training for homeless pregnant teens. Program helps by providing a safe environment, offering services on site, and networking with all other community agencies; Article profiles the...
- `Best Friends' program helps adolescent girls avoid pregnancy. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p594
Reveals that a school-based program for adolescent girls at risk of early sexual activity will be started at four schools in the US. Funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; The Best Friends Program; Counseling and mentoring; Establisment of the program by the Georgetown University...
- Nike-footed health workers deal with the problems of adolescent pregnancy. Perino, Shelley Saldari // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p208
Focuses on the Nike-Footed Health Worker Project (NFHW), which attempts to prevent repeat teenage pregnancy, improve birth outcomes to teen mothers and build adolescent parenting skills; Statistics on teenage pregnancy; Project objectives; Addressing the client's concerns about abortion,...
- Problems of teenage pregnancy. // Psychology Today;Oct86, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p22
Two articles focus on the problem of teenage pregnancy. A psychologist explodes some sex-education myths and coaches parents on discussing sex. A look at why teenagers, in increasing numbers, jeopardize their futures by becoming pregnant.
- Intragroup accounts of teenage motherhood: A community based psychological perspective. Parekh, Angina; de la Rey, Cheryl // South African Journal of Psychology;Dec97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p223
Explores the experiences of unplanned motherhood during adolescence among a group of black South African teenage mothers. Information on other research on this issue; Details on the factors impacting on teenage pregnancy among the black community in South Africa; Results of research on the...