WITH CEREALS, BURRITOS, DRINKS: Tampa dist. widens f&b variety
- Hillsborough County School District, Fla., Revs Upgraded to A-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;12/5/2014, p32
The article reports the move by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services as of early December 2014 to upgrade the long-term and underlying ratings on Hillsborough County School District, Florida's sales tax revenue bonds to A-minus from BBB-plus.
- Making Nutrition a Priority. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jan2011, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p14
An interview with Ben Guggenmos, a chef at the Hillsborough County Public Schools in Florida, is presented. When asked on where he has started his career, he states his first job as a sous chef in various business establishments. Guggenmos stresses that the grand opening for Gillete Stadium has...
- Making a Case for Reduced Classroom Ventilation. MacFerran, Ernest // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2010, Vol. 82 Issue 12, p12
The article offers information conducted by the Hillsborough County Public Schools in Tampa, Florida to determine the effect of reduced fresh-air ventilation on Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) in public schools. The result indicated that good IAQ is achievable with 7.5 cubic feet per minute (cfm) of...
- Maritime and CTE: Program Development Through Partnerships. Prokop, Jakub // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Apr2013, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p48
The article presents information on a new Maritime Technology Program that is created for maritime industry, in Tampa, Florida. It mentions that the objective of the program is to provide career and technical education (CTE) to the students for the industry development. It informs that...
- 3 Ways Webconferencing Is Transforming PD. Raths, David // T H E Journal;Jun2013, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p21
The article discusses various aspects of webconferencing technology including its impact on public school teachers' ability to collaborate with their peers and other education professionals as of June 2013. Topics highlighted include the Walker Middle Magnet School's video learning communities...
- PEOPLE WATCH. // District Administration;Mar2015, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p26
The article announces that Ann Clark has been named superintendent at the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools in North Carolina, Henderson Lewis Jr. has been appointed as superintendent at Orleans Parish School Board in New Orleans and MaryEllen Elia has been fired without cause from being...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.