WITHIN HOSP.'S DIETARY GUIDELINES: Certified beef program pleases patients & nutr
- KS hosp. eyes catering shift for employees cafet. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p20
Features the second phase of Via Christi Medical Center's plan to turn its employee cafeteria in Wichita, Kansas, into a catering profit-center. Shift of cafeteria's service to its profitable visitor restaurant on main floor; More centralized location; Aim to cater for non-meal hours.
- At Kansas Med. Ctr.: Battling pressures to cut costs, build sales. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p96
Deals with the catering program of Via Christi Regional Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas. Reality faced by the food service operations according to Patti Dollarhide, director of nutrition services; Plans of Dollarhide; Focus of Dollarhide and her staff for the catering program.
- The path to lower readmissions lies in patient support. MORRISSEY, JOHN // AHA News;8/21/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p5
The article focuses on the programs of three hospitals in the U.S. that provide social and medical support to their communities aimed at lowering patient readmissions. The programs include pre- and post acute care-focused partnerships at Western Maryland Health System in Cumberland, the Health...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.
- Foodservice at Boston hospitals gets top bill of health from magazine. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the recognition of hospital foodservice in Boston, Massachusetts by `Boston' periodical. Provision of same menu for patients, staff and visitors at the self-operated foodservice at Brigham and Women's Hospital's Center for Women and Newborns; Room service as the rule at the...
- Pocono Medical staff helps redesign patient-meal menu. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p56
Reports on the help extended by the staff of the Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania to Janet Chrisnall and Sodexho concerning menu changes. Description of the old menu; Staff's participation in testing, reviewing and retesting of the menu; Description of the new menu.