BrandCapsule: CLEANLINESS RULES IN BRAND UNITS
- RONALD MACDONALD: A MONSTER IN A CLOWN SUIT? // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on a Gallup poll released in July 2003, which asked whether the fast food industry be held legally accountable for the rising rates of obesity and obesity-related illnesses in the U.S. Views of McDonald's and other lawsuit opponents on eating Big Macs or Double Whoopers with super-sized...
- Why customers choose a fast food restaurant. // Restaurant Hospitality;May94, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p147
No abstract available.
- Fast-food foraging. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;12/09/96, Vol. 46 Issue 50, p16
Focuses on a survey by Advo Inc. on factors considered by consumers in choosing one fast-food restaurant over another. Convenient locations as top consideration; Factors affecting customer loyalty; Type of food involved.
- Scrambling for business. Tasoulas, Mary Ann // Restaurant Business;05/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p85
Presents the menus offered by various fastfood chains in the quickservice breakfast service segment. New breakfast item of Dunkin' Donuts called Omwich; Winchell Donut House's World prototype in California; Winchell's dual-brand concept with Blimpie; Bagels from New Wold Coffee & Bagel's...
- Rise and shine: QSR operators wake up to burgeoning breakfast opportunities. Strauss // Nation's Restaurant News;11/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p103
Reports on the strategies of quick serve restaurants to gain revenues from breakfast customers in the United States. Competition with coffee operators for the breakfast market; Monitor of consumer behavior for the evaluation of marketing trends; Availability of opportunities for repeat customers.
- Wok & Roll sushi drive-thru chain is rockin' in Colorado. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p90
Reports on the excellent business activity enjoyed by Wok & Roll Teriyaki chain in Boulder, Colorado. Emergence of the drive-thru sushi bar foodservice concept as competition for fast-food restaurants; Alternative to conventional sushi bars; Target markets; Growth targets and strategies.
- Fast casual, new category combines speed and quality. // Westchester County Business Journal;04/30/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p16
Presents a study on fast casual diners by King-Casey Inc. in the United States. Ignorance on the meaning of restaurant category; Reasons of eating at a fast casual restaurant; Factors influencing the choice of fast casual restaurants.
- Church's and Pollo Tropical to add restaurants. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;7/25/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p53
Reports that fast food chains Church's Fried Chicken and Pollo Tropical will together add 15 stores in Puerto Rico by the end of 2003. Outline of the firms' expansion plans; Target markets.
- Move over, Big Mac. Fast Food is getting a face lift. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p45
Reports on improvements among fast food restaurants in the United States. Introduction of sophisticated cooking equipment, food items and concepts; Emergence of the fast casual concept in serving food; Sampling of innovative fast food restaurants and their range of menu offerings.