FOR 5 YEARS: Court puts contractor on trial
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/14/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p22
Presents updates on the food service businesses in the United States for the week of August 14, 2000. Recruitment of Guest Services Inc. to handle the cafeterias of the U.S. Supreme Court; Plans by Creative Host Services Inc. to purchase GladCo Enterprises Inc.
- GUEST SVCS. DEBUTS F/COURT TRIO. // FoodService Director;4/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p18
Looks at the home-grown concepts added to the foodcourts of Guest Services Incorporated. Signature breakfast item of Hot Java; Menu features of the Pistachios; Array of carvery items at Caesar's Corner.
- A blow for freedom of choice on the hill! Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p39
Provides information on the food court on Longworth Office Building managed by the Guest Services company. Description of the food court; Services and foods offered; Details on the operation of the food court.
- COURT LOWERS F/S EXPOSURE. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Presents information on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to limit the scope of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Implications of the decision for the foodservice industry; Views of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor on the court decision; Information on the ADA.
- Limits ADA Standards: Court narrows disability limits. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p26
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has ruled that food service operators will not be expected to make workplace accomodations for handicapped employees. Overview of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- TWO LABOR RULES RESCINDED. // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p16
Presents information on rulings issued by the U.S. Supreme Court regarding rules imposed on food service operators and other employers. Judgment regarding the enforcement policy of the U.S. National Labor Relations Board; Restrictions on the ability of the U.S. Labor Department to penalize...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p24
Reports on developments related to on-site foodservice operators in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Partnership of Peabody's Coffee Inc. with on-site operators; Selection of Guest Services Inc. to manage the foodservice operation of Hillwood Museum and Gardens; Appointment of James...
- UNION BLASTS MUSEUM-MCD'S DEAL. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p26
Reports on criticisms from food service employees at the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum cafeteria in Washington, D.C. against the latter's contract with McDonald's. Information on the termination of the cafeteria's contract with Guest Services Inc.; Details on the...
- `Use Right Chemicals & Temperatures': How to Wash Pots. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p132
Provides pointers on the effective washing of pots and pans used in foodservice operations. Proper equipments and chemicals to be used; Advice from Carol Jacoby, director of quality assurance for Guest Services; Two basic ways of washing pots and pans; How to handle a warewashing machine...