Netting leads for your database
- Convert prospects to sales faster with pre-call planning. Pellman, Paul // Sell!ng;Nov2005, p9
The article discusses the advantages of pre-call planning for sales representatives. There is a need to provide as much information as possible to the customer, and pre-call planning will help in qualifying sales leads, target prospects and close a sales transaction. Online business information...
- Selling on the Internet may not be as different as it seems. Volker, Joel V. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Oct98, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p102
Reports the availability of insurance services on the Internet. Rules for Internet insurance sales; Process of application for an Internet license; Implementation of the licensing program of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners; Impact of the online service on the customers.
- What are public library users really buying? Vavrek, Bernard // American Libraries;Mar98, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p42
Questions whether public libraries are really in the information business. The book `Selling the Invisible,' by Harry Beckwith; The challenges facing staffers as they attempt to integrate a new set of skills into their professional repertoire; Endangered face-time experiences, including...
- Going once, going twice â€¦ E-Sold! McCorkhill, John // Public Works;Spring2008, p65
The article provides information about the business implications of auction Web sites. It is stated that through these Web sites, sellers will be able to reach a wide audience and get the most out of auction services. In line with this, the article outlines the process in online auction and...
- FIS Sharpens Its Big-Bank Focus. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;2/15/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 25, p16
The article focuses on Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) Inc.'s growth strategy of cross-selling services such as back-office support and outsourced processing to large banks around the world.
- At Your Service. WIENS, LEONARD C. // Information Security;May2009, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p8
The author argues that the service-focused approach is the best way for information security teams to gain support for their initiatives. He describes the strict tactic as damaging to relationships with significant stakeholders and evaluates the metrics methodology as applicable only to a very...
- One-Click Referral Product Captures Everyday Cross-Sell Opportunities. // ABA Bank Marketing;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p45
Provides information on the Referral Manager customer referral software from MarketSoft of Lexington, Massachusetts. Benefits of the software to the needs of referral-driven cross selling in retail financial service companies; Use of the product by a customer service representative.
- Hedging made easy. McEwan, Gavin // Horticulture Week;12/19/2008, p23
The article reports on the effectiveness of online selling in Great Britain. It notes that most suppliers sell directly to trade and public visitors, however, online selling offers a greater convenience to buyers. According to InstaHedge managing director John Harca, its sales through their...
- Who Will Profit From The Online Model? Sweeney, Kieran A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/28/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on the beneficiaries of online insurance in the United States. Features of online insurance agents; Discussion on the direct selling of insurance; Effectiveness of distributing insurance through insurance agents.