MuniAuction Closes Its N.Y. Office
- New Haven to Sell GOs Online in Competitive Deal Worth $84M. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p5
Reports that the City of New Haven, Connecticut will sell general obligation bonds on MuniAuction Inc.'s online system. Features of the bonds; Use of the bonds to pay school debt and fund capital projects; Total amount of the bonds; Ratings for the bonds.
- MuniAuction selling GICs for Pittsburgh. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30658, p4
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s first electronic auction of guaranteed investment contracts. Purpose of the bond proceeds.
- MuniAuction pioneers Internet GIC bid; bidders nonplussed. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p33
Reports on MuniAuction's $17 million investment agreement for the Public Auditorium Authority of Pittsburgh & Allegheny County. Bidding on guaranteed investment contracts; Concerns with the open auction process in the United States.
- Florida School Board to Sell $40M Deal Using Online Trading Platform. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31005, p6
Reports on Orange County, Florida School Board's use of MuniAuction.com to sell tax anticipation notes. Web site that will be opened; Time and schedule of the sale; Growth of revenues of Orange County, Florida.
- MuniAuction doubles head count. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p30
Reports on Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based bond bidding company MuniAuction's plan to expand its staff to 150 by the end of 1999. Number of bond auctions that the company plans to finance; Background on some of MuniAuction's new hires in November 1999.
- Swamped in the secondary. Hoffman, David; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p1
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s first secondary market municipal bond sale in the United States. Demand from institutional investors and broker-dealers; Computer problems during the bond sale.
- MuniAuction hires 4, moves to larger office. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p2
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s recruitment of three programmers and a marketing specialist. Recruitment of David Hasenkopf to head MuniAuction's marketing initiative; Value of municipal bonds sold through MuniAuction's Internet bidding system.
- MuniAuction Gets Broad Patent For Online Bidding Methodology. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p7
Reports on the patent obtained by MuniAuction Inc. on its methodology of electronic bond auctions. Effort to receive licensing fees from other start up firms; Application of the patent to sale of new bonds and notes.
- MuniAuction Inc. picks itself up, plans second shot at secondary. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p29
Reports the planned secondary market auction hosting of MuniAuction Inc. on March 2000 in the United States. Reason for delaying the auction; Redefinition of hardware and software system upgrades for market auctions by Myles Harrington; Implication of the trading model to municipal bond marketing.