Scott: IRS May Clue in Issuers on Reasons for Audits
- IRS overhaul is good news for small-business owners. Worsham, James // Nation's Business;Sep98, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p8
Reports that as a result of American President Bill Clinton signing a legislation to overhaul the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS), small businesses gained expanded rights in dealing with the tax agency. Provisions of the legislation; Comments from Commissioner Charles O. Rossotti...
- IRS may simplify partnership taxes. Ellentuck, Albert B. // Nation's Business;Sep95, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p67
Focuses on the proposed solution of the Internal Revenue Service in distinguishing between corporations and partnerships in the United States. Structuring a business to give it corporate features; Concern regarding limited-liability companies.
- Making a Cooperative Audit with the IRS a Positive Experience. Jensen, Steven // Orange County Business Journal;03/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p4
Discusses the do's and don'ts of a cooperative audit between a company and the United States Internal Revenue Service. Being upfront with the examiner; Treatment of the examiners like real people; Getting higher-level management involvement if necessary; Joint development of information...
- Tax News. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Sep2015, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
The article offers September 1, 2015 news briefs related to tax strategies of small business in the U.S. which include tightening of the rules by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for higher education, and approval of the changes in the filing deadlines for businesses by the U.S. Congress.
- TAX LIENS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p12
The article presents a list of liens filed against businesses in Cuyahoga County, Ohio by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as of February 2, 2015.
- IRS Proceeds With Enforcement in Colorado Authority Zero-Coupon Case. Kinnader, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p36
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has concluded that its bond enforcement group has the right to audit zero-coupon bonds issued by the Colorado Health Facilities Authority. Impact of the IRS decision on issuers of the bonds; IRS scrutiny of several bond issuers in the country...
- IRS Auditing Up to 15 Housing Issues, With More to Come. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;3/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31345, p5
Reports on the effort of U.S. Internal Revenue Service to audit between ten to 15 single family housing bond. Examination of dozens of solid-waste facility bond; Details of things to consider during the examination; Problems in multifamily housing bonds.
- Auditing a Telephone Book. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p1
Reports move of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit bond issues that utilized the telephone book Tefra structure in the U.S. Concerns of the IRS on the legitimacy of the bond issues; Disclosure on the names of the bond issuers; Susceptibility of the deal to violate the arbitrage...
- Health Care Buyers Shouldn't Ignore Taxation Risks, Merrill Analyst Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p47
Reports that the risk of taxation has to be added to the list of concerns investors should evaluate when buying health care bonds. United States Internal Revenue Service's auditing of a bond sale by Ascension Health; Size of the deal.