As Votes Roll in, Several Washington Bond Issues in Doubt
- Massachusetts School Authority in Early Planning for $1B Bond Debut. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p7
Reports on the early planning for bond debut by the Massachusetts School Authority. Sale of revenue bonds; Consideration of issuing a request for proposals for underwriters and bond counsel; Issuance of single-family housing revenue bonds.
- Proposed school renovation bonds, sales tax increase to go to Ohio vote. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p1
Highlights Ohio's slated vote on plans for the state to being selling general obligation (GO) bonds to finance school construction. Estimated backlog of renovation needs; Establishment of a schedule for selling GO bonds; State's practice of using a combination of cash and lease-revenue bonds to...
- U.S. Voters Decide Myriad Fiscal Matters. Shields, Yvette; Albanese, Elizabeth; Carvlin, Elizabeth; DeSue, Tedra; Kelemen, Jasmina; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Saskal, Rich; Sigo, Shelly; Watts, Jim; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on public finance-related measures in the November 2004 elections throughout the U.S. Impact of the bond disclosure and pensions problems in San Diego, California, on the outcome of the mayoralty election; Voting on a measure related to a monorail project in Seattle, Washington; Vote for...
- University Funding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p27
Reports on the compromise budget for fiscal 2006 in Kansas. Plans of the House and Senate members to authorize issuance of bonds to expand research operations at three state universities; Inquiry into budget maneuvering at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Fiscal '08 Budget Drafts Feature Bonds for Schools, AMT Relief. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32593, p5
The article reports on the House's budget proposal that features $22 billion tax-credit bond program for school construction and improvement in Washington. The measure, which was introduced by Representative Bob Etheridge, reflects past proposals from House Ways and Means Committee chairman...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30921, p27
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Southwest as of June 27, 2000. Court ruling in the suit questioning the financing of public schools in Arkansas; Proposals for an election to decide whether or not the city of Topeka, Kansas, should be involved in the Watertower Place...
- IRS Outlines Allocations for Newly Revived QZAB Program. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has released the qualified zone academy bond (QZAB) allocations for calendar 2004. Reauthorization of the QZAB program by President George W. Bush throughout the end of 2005; Increase in demand for the program; Changes that the Congress could make...
- Unfinished Business. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p35
Reports on the bond proposal of the Union Independent School District No.9 in Oklahoma. Financing of the second phase of a renovation at a middle school; Construction of the Tulsa district's 12th elementary school; Combination of the 2003 and 2005 bond issue.
- Michigan Refunding $368M of GOs; $1.42B of Notes on Tap. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/28/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32991, p6
The article reports on the decision of Michigan government to enter the market with $368 million of general obligation refunding bonds, which is expected to price a $1.42 billion note issue. Accordingly, the proceeds of the $1.42 billion note issue will cover operating deficits in the state's...