E-Trading Platforms Proliferate, But How Many Will Survive?
- BMA Survey Reflects Continuing Spread of E-Bonds. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;09/25/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the results of the Bond Market Association's 2000 survey on electronic trading systems in the United States and Europe. Growth of platforms offered in the fixed-income market; Types of systems employed; Reflection of the transformation occurring in the fixed-income markets.
- BMA Taps TradeWeb, Jordan & Jordan. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;05/14/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p1
Reports that the Bond Market Association has selected TradeWeb LLC as its partner in developing an industrywide protocol to standardize electronic transactions for fixed-income securities. Terms of the partnership agreement between the companies; Intended purpose for creating an industrywide...
- Electronic trading invades the fixed income marts. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/01/97, Vol. 63 Issue 48, p10
Looks into the impact of electronic trading to the fixed income market as discussed during The Bond Market Association's annual technology conference.
- TBMA Pushes Toward Standardized Computer Language. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31103, p4
Focuses on the venture of The Bond Market Association (TBMA) on a project to develop an industry-wide protocols system that will help standardize computer language in the fixed-income markets so firms can communicate and exchange transaction documents and data electronically. Issuance of a...
- Association to craft framework for fixed-income regulation. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p34
Focuses on Bond Market Association's launch of a project to develop guidelines to help it set regulatory priorities in the fixed-income securities markets. Uncertainty over the association's role overseas; Revenue-raising tax proposals hurting the municipal market; Association chairman Michael...
- BMA Seeks Partner for Online Trading Protocol. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;03/26/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the effort of the Bond Market Association to establish an industrywide protocol that would help standardize the computer language for fixed-income securities. Public domain location of the standard; Promotion of electronic communications.
- Fixed-income market doesn't need big regulatory reshuffling, bond group says. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30245, p5
Reports on the Bond Market Association's (BMA) opposition against the proposed reshuffling of the existing regulatory framework that applies to fixed-income securities in the United States. Requirements for a new regulation; BMA's assessment of the current regulatory framework.
- 68 Electronic Trading Systems Identified. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p2
Reports on the increase in the number of electronic trading systems for fixed-income products in the United States since 1997, according to a survey by the Bond Market Association.
- The BMA Throws Weight Behind Database. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;8/27/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 34, p4
Reports that the Bond Market Association has formed a task force to develop a master database to collect and disseminate fixed-income securities information in the United States. Possible creation of a significant role for the sell-side trade group; Terms under the task force plan; Data...