High costs cause fleet show exits
- Checking Under the Hood. Stancavage, Sharon // Entertainment Design;May2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p20
Provides information on the North American International Auto Show held in Detroit, Michigan in January 2002. Features of the auto show; Role of the exhibits; Discussion on how designers keep their shows looking fresh every year. INSET: BEHIND THE WHEEL AT NAIAS.
- Frankness in Frankfurt. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;9/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5517, p6
Highlights the 1993 Frankfurt International Motor Show. Number of production models unveiled; Forecasts on declines in sales and profits; Plans of automobile companies.
- Design forum slated for Detroit. // Automotive News;12/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5530, p46
Reports on the faculty of designers included in the first AutoWeek/North American International Auto Show Design Forum to be held from January 6 and 7, 1994 at the Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan. ABC Indy 500 commentator Sam Posey as faculty head; Topic of the forum; Admission fee; Contact...
- SAE star. // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p8
Reports on the exhibition of British E-Auto during the SAE International Congress and Exhibition in Detroit, Michigan. Contribution of Lotus Engineering to the automobile.
- Optimism reigns in Toronto. Sinek, Jeremy // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p8
Reports on the highlights of the Canadian International Auto Show held in Toronto in February 1994. Vector Aeromotive Corp.'s unveiling of its Avtech-SC V12; Canadian Supercar; Chrysler Canada's report on its pre-tax earnings for 1993; Audi Canada's television commercial filmed in collaboration...
- Calendar. // Automotive News;7/18/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5561, p38
Lists automobile shows in the United States for 1994 and 1995. Name of shows; Dates and venues.
- Plenty of debuts on tap for auto shows. Kranz, Rick // Automotive News;12/12/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5582, p6
Reports on the planned introduction of vehicles during three scheduled automotive shows in the United States in 1995. 1996 Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable; Chrysler Corp.'s 1996 minivans; Acura Vigor; Infiniti 130; Toyota's redesigned compact pickup.
- High-volume cars reign at shows. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;1/2/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5585, p1
Focuses on cars being displayed in car shows and showrooms. Includes the debut of the 1996 Plymouth Voyager and other Chrysler cars; Public unveiling of the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable sedans; Unveiling of the Chevrolet Tahoe from General Motors.
- Detroit auto show. // Automotive News;1/9/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5586, p6
Presents photographs of show automobiles exhibited at the 1995 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. Chrysler's Atlantic concept car; Ford Motor Co's Fusion sport-utility concept car; Hyundai's HCD-III.
- Gearhead reunion. // AutoWeek;2/10/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the organization of the automobiles show 51st Autorama by the Michigan Hot Rod Association at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan, in February 2003. Names of cars that will participate in the show.