- Desert troops honored in New York, nation's capital. // Jet;6/24/91, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p18
Recounts recent parades honoring the veterans of Operation Desert Storm, held in New York and Washington.
- Is it a parade yet? Gordon, Jeffie Ross; Apple, Margot // Ladybug;Jul94, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p20
Presents the short story `Is It a Parade Yet?' by Jeffie Ross Gordon, about a Fourth of July parade organized by children.
- C.S.W. seeks parade volunteers. // Lesbian News;May95, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p32
Reports that the Community Parade Development Committee at Christopher Street West, producers of the West Hollywood Pride Parade, are seeking volunteers to help with 1995's event. Contact information.
- Parade of deceit. Pilger, J. // New Statesman & Society;6/21/91, Vol. 4 Issue 156, p10
Opinion. Previews the upcoming Gulf war victory parade to be held in London and develops the notion that the parade is not so much to celebrate as it is to deepen an historical amnesia. The truth of what happened and is happening in the Gulf; Slaughter of so many people in such little time; No...
- The Catholic case for inclusion. DeCosse, David E. // America;5/8/1993, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p15
Discusses the question of right of the Ancient Order of Hibernians (AOH) to exclude the Irish Lesbian and Gay Organization (ILGO) from the Saint Patrick's Day Parade in New York City. Catholic arguments; Inflated charges against the ILGO; Comment from George Clough, national president of the...
- Everybody loves a parade. // Commonweal;7/12/91, Vol. 118 Issue 13, p419
Editorial. Reflects on the enthusiasm exhibited at New York City's June 10 `Welcome Home' parade for the troops of Operation Desert Storm. Value of joy and relief; Dangers of emphasizing moral exhibitionism and self-gratulation; Fears that President George Bush will exploit the Gulf victory in...
- Sodom & begorra. Baumann, Paul // Commonweal;4/9/93, Vol. 120 Issue 7, p5
Opinion. Comments on how, in the context of the New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade and the demonstration by the Irish Lesbian and Gay Organization (ILGO), everyone can feel inclusion before God. The author's comments on ILGO's attempts to be allowed to march in the parade with its own...
- Swan Princess featured in Thanksgiving Day parade. // Playthings;Nov94, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p43
Reports on the participation of the Swan Princess in the 1994 Thanksgiving Day Parade of Macy's in New York. Description of the float; Performance of the song `Far Longer Than Forever.'
- Commercialism makes inroads into carnival. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/8/96, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p5
Focuses on the commercialism in carnivals in New Orleans, Louisiana. Violence resulted from the free fried chicken stubs being given away during the parade; Effect of commercialisms on the government's budget; Efforts being made by the city to guard parades against commercialism.
- Endymion: A milestone for the biggest carnival parade. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/5/96, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p5
Focuses on the Krewe of Endymion, the largest in the Carnival parade in New Orleans, Louisiana. Historical development; Profile of Ed Muniz, captain and founder; Description of ndymion Saturday parade.