Sales driven by Adrenalin
- Late news. // Advertising Age;09/01/97, Vol. 68 Issue 35, p1
States that Mazda Motor of America is narrowing its advertising review to six agencies in the United States.
- Chevy ad agency forms unit for dealer groups. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;9/20/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5518, p6
Reports on advertising agency Lintas: Campbell-Ewald's formation of a Retail Automotive Division. Campbell-Ewald as Chevrolet's national ad agency; Nicholas Popely as the head of the division; Enabling of Chevy associations to compete with others.
- Oregon: Wash. dealers need licenses for ads. // Automotive News;3/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5543, p17
Reports on Southwest Washington car dealers' need to obtain Oregon licenses to advertise in the Portland area. License applications deadline given for dealers; Potential fines; License cost; Required bond postage.
- Carmakers boost spending on advertising outside U.S. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p32
Reports that nine of 15 automakers increased money spent on advertising outside the United States in 1994. List compiled by `Advertising Age International'; Ranking of companies; Big increases among Japanese manufacturers. INSET: Top advertising spenders..
- Name recognition. Sharf, Stephan // Ward's Auto World;Sep96, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p17
Opinion. Discusses the need for car companies to look closer into their advertising strategies. Evaluation of manufacturing costs; Possible cost savings if advertising is evaluated; Little impact on sales from the promotion of the company name.
- 50 ways to launch a car. Cook, Richard // Campaign (UK);8/22/97 Supplement Report Cars, p4
Provides media strategies in launching automobiles. Importance of the quality of communication; Necessity of good and innovative cars; Essence of middle-men in car sales. INSETS: Toyota Picnic.;Jaguar XK8.;Peugeot 406.;Ford Ka.
- Who spends what and where. // Campaign (UK);8/22/97 Supplement Report Cars, p6
Lists several top consumer magazines for car advertisements available as of August 1997. Includes `Radio Times'; `What Car'; `Top Gear.'
- The car's the star and avoid the puff. Gray, Robert // Campaign (UK);8/22/97 Supplement Report Cars, p14
Discusses the importance of powerful advertisement for car launching. Advantages of using magazines in car promotion; Competition with quality parameters; Composition of third-party advertising.
- N.Y. dealers alter lease ads. Kahn, Helen // Automotive News;4/12/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5494, p2
Reports on the agreement reached by two New York dealer groups and four import distributors to alter their advertisements on lease cars. Display of down payments in larger type; Size of down payment; Lincoln Mercury Dealers Association; Tri-Honda Advertising Association; Mazda Motor of America...