Horse show to `turn in profit'
- ABC's of showmanship. // Horse & Rider;Jan99, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p42
Presents information on the basic facts of horse showmanship. Goal of showmanship; Benefits; Common presentation mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Pattern memorization. Wennberg, Carla // Horse & Rider;Jan99, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p44
Offers tips on how to memorize patterns during horse shows. Collecting patterns from past horse shows; Selecting a pattern and breaking it down into separate maneuvres; Visualizing the pattern.
- Ask a pro. Reynolds, Gary // Horse & Rider;Jan99, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p45
Offers tips on how to prepare mentally for a horse show. Creating a mock show day; Picking your victories; Establishing a show-day routine.
- Show of shows! The All-American Quarter Horse Congress. Lee, B.A. // Horse & Rider;Oct89, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p38
Discusses the annual All-American Quarter Horse Congress, held at the Ohio State Fair Coliseum (Columbus, Ohio). History of the Congress; Founder Blair Folck; Continued growth; Organization of the show; Comments by Bud Mills, former executive vice president of the Ohio Quarter Horse Association.
- Congress capsules. Copeland, S.M.; Nudo, M.B. // Horse & Rider;Nov91, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p34
Gives an overview of the layout, the accommodations (for horses and people) and the food available at the All American Quarter Horse Congress at the state fairgrounds (Columbus, Ohio). The Celeste Center, the Coliseum and other facilities; Stall assignments; Vendors; Trade-show exhibitors;...
- Greetings from Planet Euphoria. Thorson, Juli S. // Horse & Rider;Sep92, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p6
Editorial. Recounts the editor's seven-year quest for a Western pleasure futurity championship. Her recent victory in the Great Northwestern Futurity's three-year-old non-pro Western pleasure division; Sense of satisfaction and renewed faith in herself; How she financed her horses and their...
- Conformation clinic. Swain, Mike // Horse & Rider;Sep92, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p48
Evaluates the conformation of three horses for characteristics desirable in Western pleasure classes. Five-year-old Quarter Horse mare; Four-year-old Quarter Horse mare; Three-year-old Quarter Horse gelding; Shape of the head and neck; Forehand and hindquarters; Topline; Conformation's impact...
- Glory days. Raymond, Cathy; Bortvedt, Jim // Horse & Rider;Sep92, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p51
Lists the most prestigious 1992 Western horse shows in the United States. Ticket information; Venue; Special attractions and standing-room-only events; Spectator dress code; All American Quarter Horse Congress at the State Exposition Center (Columbus, Ohio); US Arabian and Half-Arabian...
- Ohio ain't whistlin' Dixie. // Horse & Rider;Aug93, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p96
Comments on the May 1993 Congress Spring Spectacular in Columbus, Ohio which featured some of the best horse cutting competition held north of the Mason-Dixon line. Fort Worth as the mecca of cutting with its National Cutting Horse Association (NCHA), the NCHA Futurity and a host of superpower...
- Happenings. // Horse & Rider;Nov93, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p12
Lists horse show events for the month of November 1993. World Championship Appaloosa Horse Show Sale; World Championship Quarter Horse Show; Brotherhood of Working Farriers Association Convention.