MALDEF and the Legal Investment in a Multi-Colored America
- The paradox of the educated Mexican American. Plata, Maximino // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p106
Discusses the paradoxical existence of educated Mexican Americans in the professional world. Pressure to make decisions to reject culture and language in order to exert the necessary energy to succeed in a chosen career; Criticism from Mexican American community for rejecting culture and...
- Not always `Hispanic'. // Quill;Jun94, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p23
Presents a message from the Mexican Empowerment Committee addressed to the news media, government, business and Hispanic organizations in California on the misuse of the term `Hispanic'.
- Lawsuit Says Illinois Discriminates In Funding Public Transportation. // U.S. Rail News;1/13/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p7
The article discusses a court case wherein two transit riders has sued Illinois state for racism.
- Racism and the Central Park Five. AJAMU, AMADI // New York Amsterdam News;1/31/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that the Central Park five civil case is increasingly becoming the focal point of systemic racism in New York City as well as across the U.S.
- How To Handle Racism. Ballard, Scott // Jet;7/29/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p15
Offers suggestions on how to handle racism, and the importance of knowing one's constitutional rights and the law.
- White Awareness: The Frontier of Racism Awareness Training. Katz, Judy H.; Ivey, Allen // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Apr77, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p485
Discusses how racism undermines the goals of the helping field to the detriment of white and Third World helpees. Effects of racism on white people; Previous programs designed to deal with racism; Systematic program designed to deal with racism.
- "I WAS A VICTIM OF RACISM". // Dolly;Mar2011, Issue 483, p71
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a victim of racism at school.
- TOP 10 tips for being an anti-racist ally. // Diva;Jun2010, Issue 169, p8
The article offers tips on how to become an anti racist ally which include listening more than talking when discussing racism, prioritising the issues people affected by racism, and becoming radically conscious.
- Lessons from a Noose. Poland, Scott // District Administration;Aug2008, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p62
The article discusses a racially motivated incident at a Florida high school in 2007. After administrators found a noose hanging from a tree on school property, the principal learned that there was racial conflict at the school. The incident was covered in national news and the United States...