MarÃa Lugones's Work as a Human Rights Idea(l)
- WASHINGTON FRONT. Parsons, Wilfrid // America;12/10/1949, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p297
The article focuses on the activities of the United Nations (UN) on the elaboration of a code for human rights which will bind its member states. It mentions that the activity has many novel features which make it different from the various bills of rights found in national constitutions....
- THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS ON CONSTITUTIONAL REGULATIONS LEVEL. Nemţoi, Gabriela; Solcanu, Simona // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;Jan2009, p1687
The liberty and the authority are consummated only by conciliatory forms, and for such frame, the fact of those two ways of society evolution, the way of constraint of individual by state authority the way of educating the individual by self liberty, so that this liberty shall result from moral...
- Zimbabwe: Human rights under the microscope. Zindoga, Tichaona // New African;Jul2012, Issue 519, p74
The article focuses on the human right violation in Zimbabwe. The claims of human rights violations were used by the US and the European Union to impose punitive economic sanctions on the Zimbabwe government in early 2002. In 2008, Great Britain and the U.S. even came close to declaring war on...
- A HUMAN RIGHTS AND ETHICAL LENS ON SECURITY AND HUMAN DIGNITY: THE CASE STUDY OF SYRIAN ASYLUM SEEKERS. VIETTI, Francesca; FRANZINI TIBALDEO, Roberto // Information & Security;2015, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p35
The article tackles the plural and evolving concepts of security by analysing their relation to human rights and ethics. Although the general impression is that seldom the security discourse is associated with the respect of human rights and ethics, at least from a theoretical point of view...
- Assessing Human Rights in China: Why the Double Standard?. Peerenboom, Randall // Cornell International Law Journal;2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on double standard in assessing human rights in China. Survey of rights performance; China and the International Human Rights regime; Benefits of avoiding a double standard; Physical integrity rights.
- The War on Terror Espionage Thriller, and the Imperialism of Human Rights. Holloway, David // Comparative Literature Studies;2009, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p20
This essay provides information on the primary genetic features of the imperialism of human rights that constitute the popular spy novel which was evident in the wake of the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001 in the U.S. It focuses on the ideological intersections between the literary form...
- airline discriminated against Gillette. Marcus, Jake Aryeh // Mothering;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 149, p26
The article reports that the Vermont Human Rights Commission has found that Mesa Air Group and Freedom Airlines had discriminated Emily Gillette and her daughter River in violation of the Vermont Fair Housing and Public Accommodations Act.
- Chinese scholars call for independent human rights commission. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Oct2011, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p24
The article discusses the move of a group of Chinese scholars to call for the establishment of a constitutionally mandated human rights commission which would be free from any government interference.
- Human rights: how does Australia stack up? Allan, James // Legaldate;Mar2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses the aspects of human rights and their impact on Australia. Human rights involves the making of moral claims on the basis of the fact that we are all human beings. Something about the fact of just being born as a human entitles us to certain standards of treatment. The...