Midwest medicinal marijuana
- Expanding Access to Treatment for Hepatitis C in Resource-Limited Settings: Lessons From HIV/AIDS. Ford, Nathan; Singh, Kasha; Cooke, Graham S; Mills, Edward J; von Schoen-Angerer, Tido; Kamarulzaman, Adeeba; du Cros, Philipp // Clinical Infectious Diseases;May2012, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p1465
This article summarizes key lessons from scaling up care and treatment for human immunodeficiency virus/AIDS during the last decade to support increased access to treatment and care for hepatitis C virus infection in resource-limited settings.The need to improve access to care and treatment for...
- An evaluation of a morphine public health programme for cancer and AIDS pain relief in Sub-Saharan Africa. Logie, Dorothy E.; Harding, Richard // BMC Public Health;2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p82
Background: Despite growing HIV and cancer prevalence in Sub-Saharan Africa, and WHO advocacy for a public health approach to palliative care provision, opioid availability is severely limited. Uganda has achieved a morphine roll-out programme in partnership with the Ministry of Health. This...
- The Drug War in the Obama Era. Kingsbury, Alex // U.S. News Digital Weekly;2/20/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p11
The article opines on the White House condemnation of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) raids on medical marijuana dispensaries in California and the possible move for more lenient drug laws. It is noted that California law permits limited use and sale of medical marijuana....
- DTC/Imuthiol. Helquist, Michael // Advocate;5/24/88, Issue 499, p25
Discusses the effectiveness of the stomach cancer drug DTC in increasing the number of T-helper cells in AIDS patients. Other medical uses of DTC.
- Egyptian Military "Cures" for AIDS and Hepatitis C Symptom of Its Desperation. Younes, Ali // Foreign Policy in Focus;3/5/2014, p1
The article suggests that the announcement by Egypt's military leaders that they have found a cure for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and the hepatitis C viruses reflect their desperation. It considers the lack of clear U.S. and Western support for the Egyptian coup as the reason for...
- Drug Developments and STD News. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p597
Reports on drug developments and sexually transmitted diseases as of September 2001. Observation that the combination of interferon and ribavirin is more effective than interferon in reducing viral load of hepatitis C virus; Possible use of antibodies for treating acquired immune deficiency...
- Clinical: The Basics - Managing hepatitis C. Lawson, Euan // GP: General Practitioner;1/14/2011, p27
The article offers information on chronic hepatitis C infection which resulted in two diseases including cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. It mentions that the disease can be detected in patients through various sources such as people living in prone area of hepatitis C like South Asia,...
- Pipeline. // Medical Marketing & Media;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p12
The article offers brief information on several clinical trials as of May 2014 including one by Pfizer's on a combination of its breast cancer drugs palbociclib and letrazole, another by Merck on its pills for hepatitis C, and one by MannKind on its inhaled insulin Afrezza.
- Treatment of Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Venes, Donald // Annals of Internal Medicine;3/17/2015, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p458
The article discusses a study on the treatment of hepatitis C virus infection by using antivirals and mentions that antivirals do not prevent cirrhosis or hepatocellular carcinoma.