- THE SOPRANOS. Allison, Romano // Broadcasting & Cable;1/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p18
Reviews the fifth season of the high definition television program "The Sopranos" from HBO.
- CABLE & SATELLITE. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p66
Presents an update on several cable and satellite high-definition television programs in the U.S. as of June 2003. HBO-HDTV; Discovery HD Theater; ESPN HD.
- HDTV watch. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Sep2003, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p14
Presents updates on high definition television broadcasting in the United States as of September 2003. Proposal of Fox Network to deliver its prime-time program on high definition format; Television program of Discovery HD Theater;
- Want HDTV? Be Careful. Greeley, Paul // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p26
Comments on the factors consumers should consider before buying a high-definition television (HDTV) set. Confusion caused by the specifications of various HDTV sets; HDTV set recommended by "Consumer Reports" magazine; Experience watching television programs in HDTV.
- Programming Grows, Set Prices Plummet. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p34
Reports on the growth of the amount of high definition television (HDTV) programming offered by U.S. television networks as HDTV set prices plummet. HD offered by cable operator Comcast Corp.; Reversal of Starz Encore Chairman John Sie's resistance to HD packages; Return of ABC television...
- Indies Look to Impress. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p70
The article provides information on the cable television market opportunities for the companies to introduce innovative techniques in television broadcasting. It describes the innovative techniques to be used by television broadcasting companies including high-definition, and three-dimensional...
- AN HDTV REPORT CARD. Swann, Phillip // Television Week;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p13
Evaluates the high-definition television program line-up of various networks in the U.S. HDNet; ABC; NBC; ESPN HD; Bravo HD.
- Spotlight on TV sales. // Televisual;Mar2006, p26
The article reports on the possible profits for distributors in getting content to new mass media platforms in Great Britain. The rise of high definition (HD) television programs means a whole new set of sales opportunities for distributors. Some broadcasters are already refusing to buy content...
- What's On HDTV And Where to Get It. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Oct2003, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p99
Presents information on the television stations in the U.S. that broadcast their programs in high definition television (HDTV). Schedules of programs in HDTV; Cable and satellite channels in HDTV; Local broadcasters of HDTV.