- SWOT Analysis. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Sep2009, p1
A company profile of London, England-based Lonmin Plc, a platinum producer which is the third largest in the world, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes strengths, weaknesses,...
- Quickstep over strategy muddle. Gooding, Ken; McKay, David // Finance Week;6/2/2003, p20
Reports on power struggle at South Africa-based platinum producer Lonmin PLC. Allegation of conflict between chief executive officer Ed Haslam and chairman John Craven; Legislation that will change the structure of the mining industry in South Africa; Deal between Lonmin and Impala Platinum.
- Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p1
This article presents a company profile of Lonmin PLC, a producer of platinum based in London, England. It provides an overview of the company's business operations and financial gains during the fiscal year ended September 2004. An analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and...
- Poisonous price spike looms. Sergeant, Barry // Finance Week;1/20/2003, p30
Reports that the explosion at Lonmin's Western Platinum smelter in South Africa has raised market worries that platinum may be headed for a price spike in 2003. Possible impact of rising deficits in platinum markets on fuel prices; Increase in world platinum supply; Chinese demand for platinum...
- Lonmin announced that it has experienced an incident at its Number Two furnace. // World Mining News;4/30/2013, p11
The article reports on the shutdown of the Number Two furnace of Lonmin plc, the former mining division of platinum producer Lonrho plc, in South Africa in 2013.
- Precious metal raises rare hope for miners. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;7/18/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p45
Provides information on two platinum-mining projects in Australia. Discussion on the competition between the projects; Attitude of investors toward platinum-mining efforts in Australia; Details on the involvement of platinum producer Lonmin in the projects; Background on the process of...
- Simon Says. BROWN, SIMON // Finweek;5/22/2014, p39
The article offers information on various reports related to business enterprises in U.S. Topics discussed include revenue of the three major producers of platinum, which include Impala Platinum, Lonmin PLC, and Anglo American Platinum Ltd., sales of sports equipment provider Holdsport, and...
- SWOT Analysis. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;May2010, p1
The article offers a company profile of Lonmin, involved in the mining, refining and marketing of platinum group metals (PGM), based in London, England. It presents a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis of the company. For its financial year ended September 2009, the...
- Throws door wide open. Mckay, David // Finance Week;4/19/2004, p21
Reports diversification in Lonmin, a platinum producer. Consideration of the company in buying gold asset; Growth platform of the company; Investment in exploration.