- Parliamentary Questions. // Literacy Today;Jun2008, Issue 55, p36
The article presents questions and answers related to education including phonics teaching in school, dyslexia-type reading difficulties and assessment and support of dyslexic children.
- Beth starts like brown bear! Fawcett, Gay // Phi Delta Kappan;May94, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p721
Relates the author's experience in teaching a dyslexic student. Reading and learning disability of the student; Coping up with the disability; Definition of dyslexia; Causes of dyslexia.
- Outpatient treatment of dyslexia through stimulation of the cerebral hemispheres. Kappers, E. Jan // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p100
Evaluates the outcome of the long-term clinical treatment of a group of children with dyslexia, using integrated treatment methods of neuropsychological and cognitive psychological origin, at the outpatient clinic of Pedological Institute in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Dual-route theories on...
- PAGE 6: WILD HIDEAWAYS. // Scholastic SuperScience (Teacher's Edition);Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, pT4
Presents topics related to animal habitats that need to be discussed with students of different grades.
- Study adds to evidence of genetic link for dyslexia. Schnaiberg, Lynn // Education Week;10/26/94, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p10
Highlights information on a genetic link to dyslexia, a reading impairment that affects 10 percent of schoolchildren in the United States. Effect of late intervention to dyslexia problems in schoolchildren; Statistics of children born with dyslexia; Risk estimate of a dyslexic parent having a...
- Dyslexia Brain Research: Universal Applications. // District Administration;Oct2002, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p21
Reveals that researchers in the Department of Pediatrics at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut have identified a disruption in the neural circuitry for reading in the brains of dyslexic children. Implications of study findings in teaching dyslexic children to read; Findings by another...
- Writing and creative energy. Mace, Jane // Literacy Today;Jun2005, Issue 43, p14
Discusses the place of writing in the adult literacy core curriculum in Great Britain, and a campaign to promote writing as an exciting and creative means of self-expression. Aspects of Write Where You Are, a National Institute of Adult and Continuing Education campaign; Activities provided by...
- Weekly PQs - Wales. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;2/2/2004, Issue 161, p94
This article presents report on written parliamentary questions on education from the Welsh Assembly, the House of Commons and the House of Lords. Written questions in Wales are answered usually in weekly batches, though the most recent batch covers the period January 23 to 29, 2004. Owen John...
- Using Surveys to Improve Courses, Programs, and Instruction, Part 1. Shank, Patti // Online Classroom;Jun2008, p4
The article discusses the use of surveys to improve online teaching courses, programs and instructions. The surveys are intended to obtain students' opinions, attitudes and beliefs. Survey questions can be closed-ended, which offer a finite set of options that the respondent can select from, and...