- The struggle to deliver. Steyn, Greta // Finance Week;2/10/2003, p52
Analyzes provincial spending in South Africa. Problems associated with local capital budgets; Advantages that can be provided by a decentralized system of decision-making on the nation's provincial spending; Factors influencing local spending.
- Council funding faces detailed scrutiny. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;10/24/2003, p7
Reports that local governments in Great Britain are confident that radical reform of the funding system is on the way. Reason behind local government's optimism; Measures included in the local finance reform plan; Implication of the plans on local government operations and finances.
- There is a reverse gear. Freer, Steve // Public Finance;10/24/2003, p28
Examines the British government's Balance of Funding review which aims to study how councils are funded. Implication of the review on local government finance; Status of the country's local finance; Reasons behind the rise in council tax in the country; Steps that can be taken by the government...
- Fresno council tightens belt on spending. Dillard, Gabriel // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/27/2008, Issue 323884, p16
The article reports on several spending cuts in the proposed local budget of Fresno, California for 2008 to 2009. The proposed budget, which aims to ensure the fiscal health of Fresno amidst the slowdown in the economy, will cut funds for the Central Valley Business Incubator, a solar rebate...
- City council: What should budget include? Ripps, Gregory // Wilson County News;7/29/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 30, p3A
The article reports that funding for street maintenance is one of the priorities for the 2015-2016 city budget of Floresville, Texas.
- Budget outturns of Croatian municipalities, cities and counties for 2014. OTT, KATARINA; BRONIC, MIHAELA // Newsletter of the Institute of Public Finance;2015, Vol. 98, p1
The article offers information on the budget outturns of counties, cities and municipalities in Croatia in 2014. Topics covered include the budget transparency of Croatian local government units, the different amounts of average per capita expenditures, and how major differences between...
- AROUND CITY HALL. Logan, Andy // New Yorker;6/16/1975, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p110
The article examines several key issues concerning local finance and the city government of New York City in 1975. Key issues discussed include the annual budget crisis during the weeks between mid-May and late June 1975 and the complexities of balancing the city budget in accordance with the...
- Omaha Unveils Boosted Budget For Fiscal 2005, Adopts New Capital Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p38
Reports that the Omaha City Council approved a $426.8 million budget for fiscal in August 2004. Increase in spending over 2003 when the city leveled spending and fought to pay concessions in order to adjust to falling revenues; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on...
- Groups go to court over council cuts. Salari, Natasha // Community Care;4/1/2004, Issue 1516, p16
Reports on the permission given to voluntary organizations in Leicester, England for a judicial review hearing of the decision of the Leicester Council to cut funding for the voluntary sector. Number of voluntary organizations which could face closure due to the proposed budget cuts; Amount of...